Saturday 21 May 2011

Dads Anonymous

Although, Eurpoean economies are recession, but some business are interesting and booming. "Business booms for Danish sperm" is one of the business is booming now. This business made money easier because women around the world are used Denish sperm for conceiving a child. As we can see in the article" Dads Anonymous" on BBC News (2011)


In Denmark, sperm donors are anomymous so women can not find out who has donate the sperm and there is a lot of sperm for women who want to conceive by artifical insemenation. Three main types of custombers are interested in this process such as Lesbian couples, heterosexual couples and single women. Since 2005 the UK government has not allowed men to donate sperm anonymous because it is illegal, but the demand is more than supply. It made the shortage of sperm donor in the UK has prompted Brithish women toto Denmark in the hop conceiving a child. It made this business is booming now."According to the latest figures from Danish Department of Health in 2008 2694 non-Danish women came to Aarhus and Copenhagen for insemination while in 2010 that number leapt to 4665" Denmark is the biggest sperm bank and popular in the world.


I think, I agree with men donated his sperm for helping single women or some infertile husband want to a child. However, you should check the quality of genetic profile of the donor. you don't worry about he know you or you know him , this is the secret. If which countries has donate sperm, their government shoud issure law for protecting two parties.

In Thailand, it is not popula for donating sperm because Thailand is a deloping country and some of thai people belived that this is the morally wrong! 


References

Henley, P. (2011, May 19). Business booms for Danish sperm.  BBC News. Retrieved May 21, 2011 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13460455 

6 comments:

  1. P’Tip
    I heard about the donor sperm long time ago but I don’t know that it becomes very popular in Europe now. However I think about some problems might occur after childbirth. Firstly, if the couple wants to divorce later, maybe husband doesn’t care much about the kid because he knows that he is not father. Moreover, when the baby grows up, if their face is not look like father, how can you answer to them, its sensitive thing to make your kid understand.
    From my opinion, it’s hard for Thai men to accept their wife to be pregnant by the sperm donor method. Thai male rarely accept this artificial insemination because of his attitude; he might prefer to do another way such as IVF, in vitro ertilization.I don't think it's morally wrong.
    If I can’t have my own kid, I prefer to adopt an orphan because I believe that every kids is innocent, They will become a genius, good or bad kids, it’s depending on how you treat them, not only from good genetic sperm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thip,
    When you write "their government shoud issure law for protecting two parties" (¶ 3), what sort of law do you mean exactly? And to protect the parties from what?

    I know that Australia has also had sperm banks and artificial insemination for at least 30 years now, but I have no idea how popular it might be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just read the article - I was surprised how much information is available to the potential mothers as they choose their children's sperm. This seems very important to me since unlike Art, I think that most things, certainly intelligence, are largely hereditary, with parental treatment, schooling and so on not normally being a major factor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter,ART

    I disgree with Art, in case of people can't have own kid and would like adopt orphan,because I have many case to tell you. For example,my mother has five daughters and she want to son because Chinese family want at least one son.So,my mother adopted a child,when he 16 years old, he ran away to his real mother by my relative told him. My mother sad her adopt son.If I,I prefer to conceive by artifical insemenation because noone known.
    I think,the sperm bank has to information for people check it.
    The law of rotect benifict of two parties

    ReplyDelete
  5. P’Tip
    The reason that I want to adopt an orphan is because I feel sad for them. There are lots of disadvantaged children who don’t have parents caring for them or have been killed in war or in accidents. I think if my husband can accept another guy’s sperm in my body for pregnancy, he will accept raising an adopted child with me. In my opinion, the reason why your aunt’s adopt son ran away, is because he might unhappy with his adopted parents and curious about his original parents, which is natural for a teenager. If I adopted a child I would try to let him know about his history once when he was old enough to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Tip that it is a good idea the men donated his sperm for helping single women or infertile husband who want a child. I also agree whit her that the sperms come from healthy man and the sperm is also the good quality and conditions, like to keep in fridge in the good temperature to preserve it. I think that also lesbians have to be allowed to have this sperm, because they can be good mothers and have the same desire to have a child like single women without a permanent man. Nerveless the most important, the family and specially the child of this sperm have the possibility to know the donor. First because if the person has a help problem, for example, low production on erythrocytes in spinal cord, the only solution to safe him is a sibling transplant of part of his spinal cord, he needs to know if he has another brother or sister. Moreover, in the last three decades, psychologists found the importance of knowing the genosociogramme of persons. The genosociograme is the study the genealogical tree with specials events in the life of his ancestors to help to resolve some psychological problems. The donor’s son needs to have some information about his biological father family. In the other hand, the access to the identity of the donor has to be analyze by a ethical committee who decide if the need to know the donor is justified.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.