Friday 10 August 2012

How do hair important?

Heve you ever donated anything? Do you know that we can give the others with out spending money.

According to "East Yorkshire women cut hair to help cancer patients", reports about many women in East Yorkshire cut their hair for cancer patients. They are growing their hair for 18 months to be cut to make wigs for the patients who have lost their hair through chemotherapy.


Real hair wigs
Human's hair grows up everyday so that most of people cut their hair at least once a year. Cut hair was threw away as waste, although hair has more value than it is. Some people unexpected to lose their hair because they ran into cancer. In fact, cancer isn't cause of making hair fall but patient's hair start falling after people got chemotherapy which is the treatment of cancer. Chemotherapy is act as killing cancer cell but it kill healty cell either. To illastrate, you want to get rig of weeds in your garden then you use herbicide, it will destroy not only unwanted plants but also your needed gress. These are same. How do you feel if you wake up in the morning and see that lot of your hair fell around on your pillow? For me, I might be shock, lose confidence and don't want to go out anywhere. However, one way to help cancer patients who lost their hair is using wigs. Although, there are many meterials thoes use to making wigs but the best choice is real hair wig which is very expensive so that some group of long hair women design to grow their hair to donated for one whe need. I think, this is a very nice idea, is it better if someone who is healthy can help the others? 

__________
References
East Yorkshire women cut hair to help cancer patients. (2011, October 30). BBC News. Retrieved August 8, 2012 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-15506042

10 comments:

  1. Once a year!
    I cut my hair at least once a week. But I have to go bed now. In fact, I should have gone to bed at least half an hour ago.

    I'll write a bit more for my daily comments quota tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saturdays are not my favourite.
      I'm already having my morning drug hit before I go to teach my 8:00 AM class. It's a great class; I just wish it wasn't at 8:00 AM.

      Delete
  2. lol, I think, women who like their long hair would not cut their hair often. But for men is except. =]

    so, good night Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's nice idea! I wonder that how many women can wait up to 18 months in order to donate their hair! I actually want to grow my hair as long as I want, but I can't do because my hair is not very healthy and split end.

    By the way, I think the fake or artificial hair may be a better choice. T think there are not many women have thick and healthy long hair much enough to be cut for making wigs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is not healthy, too. But i see many people havt healthy thick long hair, yet they might not want to cut it.

      Delete
  4. When I read Som's informative and thoughtful blog, I was reminded of my aunt, who died of liver cancer 15 years ago.

    Actually, I still get angry at the foolish and cruel doctors who treated her at the time. They knew, like everyone, that her cancer was incurable. They also knew that the therapy they gave would make the end of her life much worse than it need be, but they still did it!

    Doctors are very knowledgeable, but they also make a lot of mistakes and bad decisions, and the things that they do are often not very well supported by scientific studies. The retraction rate for research published in medicine is very high - almost 50%, compared to less then 5% for physicists, who are much more rigorous and set much higher standards than medical doctors before saying they "know" something.

    Another good thing about physicists is that they don't think their expert knowledge of physics makes them experts on politics or social policy. Sadly, doctors often think they can tell politicians and citizens how society should, for example, respond to the growing problem of obesity or what should be done about cigarette smoking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Your comment reflect me about my friend who lost his dad around 5 years ago. His dad was biten by a poison snake one. Unfortunately, when he arrived, a doctor didn't inject antivenom him, even his relative'd asked the doctor. I's surprised about this because it's a common thing especially physicians should do.

      Possibly thai law may not very strict about those physicians treat or cure patients improperly, comparing to law of many developed nations like the US.

      Delete
    2. I was worked in related field with medicine. So I don't agree with you. I don't mean to protect their false decision. But sometime in tough time, the doctor have to choose the best therapy that they can do to heal or relieve the patient's pain that is very hard decision. Our ethic is helping, saving and healing the patient against diseases, though sometime we lose. But I hope you to know that we try our best, so please forgive them the mistake.

      In some cases that I treated, the results was fail and they died. I confessed that I cried and disappointed myself. And keep to my lesson to make it better for the next case.

      Delete
  5. I like this article. It makes me realize how useful long hair is. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always lost hair when I studied high school. It make me angry every time I cut my hair. I always wonder that whose idea that to force every boy children to cur their hair shortly is a good idea. It make us lose self confidence and every time I cut my hair the grow up always smile like it is the thing that make them happy.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.