Wednesday 8 August 2012

Reading Material

Technology has been developing very fast. Nowadays, you can read books from many different sources. What is the best way for you to read a book?

In "Amazon selling more Kindle ebooks than print books", Jonathan Ruppin writes about ebooks sells more than hardbacks and paperbacks in the United Kingdom. He said that Kindle ebooks will continue to increase on sell, two million ebooks of the title selling in four months, and book industry in the United Kingdom much adapt to deal with the trend.
_62074490_62074487.jpg
I though that Jonathan Ruppin article was interesting. Nowadays, I believe that people read article, news, story or newspaper from kindle ebooks more then print books because it is convenient and sophisticated way of reading. You don't have to go to the book shop to buy book to read. When you want to read book you just go online and buy book and save it in your library such as in Apple's iBooks when you buy book you can keep you books in ibooks application. When you want to read you just click on ibook application then select the article or book that you buy form Amazon. Kindle is available in Thailand now many people own it, but I don't have one. I sometime read book or news on smart phone or go to AUA library. In 1997, I study Information Technology at UTS, Sydney, but I not good at IT and I don't know how to use Kindle and I never use once. I am an old fashion. AUA library is ideal place for me to read.




__________
References
Ruppin, J. (2012,August 6). Amazon selling more Kindle ebooks than print books, BBC News. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
From: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19148146

8 comments:

  1. Noom's blog brings back some memories. When I first came to Thailand, I used to use the AUA library a lot, but it does get many new books, so after a couple of years, I'd read the ones the interested me. I can't remember the last time I went there to borrow a book or read, but it was many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love smell paper when l bought a new book l will open it again and again. In my opinion, book has classic style. We can give the book to tell what do you feel with your lover. It can be heritage. Some book you can't evalutate. For me kindle easy to bear and suitable for modern life. It is nothing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read books very well. I also use my iPad to read books because of it's convenience but I still agree with Pantip that real book is more classic. The time that I feel happy to read is when it is raining. It make me increase of concentration and it is a good atmosphere to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree with Noom that nowadays, people would read novels, fictions or news through Kindle or Ipad rather than read from a book like before. It is very easy to find something you want to read and just download it into your Kindle or Ipad. When I was in university, There were many subjects which I needed to read before my exam,so I downloaded all lecture notes including past exam papers into my Ipad and just took it with me to the university's library. And if I need to carry many books to the library (Which is very far from my accommodation), maybe I would sleep instead of reading a book. However, when I am stay at home, I prefer reading from books to reading from Ipad. I do not know why it just feel better. Moreover, I love to collect the books that I like and I think it looks more valuable than just download it to Ipad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with P'Pung. I prefer reading via a book to reading via the Internet. If I read from the book, I can open it as often as I want. Moreover, I can write in my book while I am reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comparing to the Kindle, I think reading from the book is more classic! This day we can't deny that recent modern gadgets comfort our life a lot. I like the idea of the inventor of the Kindle a lot. It light weight and very handy and we don't need to bring a lot of heavy books when we're going to anywhere. Our life has been more convenience a lot.

    However, there are not many reasons why I'm keen on reading from books. Reading from electrical source sometimes can make my eyes blur due to too light. Moreover, If I lost this item, I will feel guilty for many days, because it is much more expensive than general books. Conversely, if I can get it free, I would please to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a conservative bookworm. So I'm still prefer to read in book more than another and accept that online book is easier to read or find out your favorite book. I agree with P'pung. That smell from paper in book is good,especially old book, including touching paper. I really enjoy to go to a book shop for walking around and skim reading. Now in my bedroom, I have many novel in the bookshelves save less textbook. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you had asked me one year ago, I would have said I preferred paper books to electronic versions of books. But then I tried the Kindle.

    What really began my change of mind is that it's so easy to check great dictionaries, make notes and so on when I'm in front of my computer. In comparison, reading in bed, which I've loved and done for hours daily since I was about 10 years old, came to seem a pain: if I wanted to follow an idea or make a note, I had to use scraps of paper, or put the book down and scribble a note; if I wanted to check a word or look something up, I had to ... put the book down, pick up a heavy dictionary, flick through, read the tiny print, and so on. Reading paper books in bed began to compare increasingly unfavourably with reading and working on a computer.

    And then I had a go with a friend's Kindle. I bought one the next week. It's great for reading in bed. I no longer buy paper books if Kindle is an option, and I'm sure that electronic books will only get better and better. In fact, I'm resisting the temptation to upgrade my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.