Thursday 2 August 2012

Peter's academic interests

My first real academic interest was biology. I loved growing trees and things when I was in primary school, and started reading high school biology books in my free time. I loved it. This lasted for a few years, and tehn my interests shifted to chemistry. In early highschool, chemistry was my favourite subject, but physics soon caught up and passed it. And all the time, mathematics was there. By the time I was in middle highschool, mathematics was my favourite subject. I loved the way the results were absolutely certain. I still enjoyed reading physics, chemistry and biology, but mathematics was me passion for the next few years, and continued when I when I went to university.

3 comments:

  1. How come u come to teach English in Thailand? I think, this doesnt realate to your impression. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like mathematics, my favorite subject at highschool and university.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Som,
    Although I studied mathematics and physics at university, my academic interests had already started shifting in high school. One of my mathematics teachers introduced me to philosophy, and that became my major at university, with logic and moral philosophy being my main areas of interest.

    Why am I in Thailand?
    Before starting a PhD, I decided to take a break for a couple of years, and my short holiday in Thailand became a very long stay. I like the warm climate and the relatively low cost of living. When I went back to Sydney uni. after a couple of years, I couldn't stand the cold, and although I love Sydney and Australia, I decided I would rather be living in Thailand, so that's where I am. And AUA provides consistent part-time employment with plenty of vacations. I enjoy teaching, but I don't want a full-time job.

    I visit Australia every year to see family and old friends, but a week or two is enough.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.