Wednesday 24 August 2016

Bonus's favorite piece of art

My favorite piece of art is Kafka On The Shore. It's a novel from Murakami, a japanese author. I just started to read his novel this years and I love his style a lot. Although I have read about a few of his work including the famous Norwegian Wood, Kafka On The Shore is the best one so far. In contrast, I like Norwegian Wood the least. I don't like one character on this novel so much I can't stand to finish this book. However, Kafka on the shore is much more interesting for me. It's about a boy who ran away from home and took a train to other town in Japan. But the story is not that simple with Murakami style of little unrealistic story telling. And he make it more interesting by wrote two different stories that separated by each chapter. They seem unconnected at the beginning, but as I read the two different stories are gradually become connected to each other. Even though, the main characterless in each stories never met. The way he use the word make me feel very connected to the boy, named Kafka. I love this character a lot.   
  

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any for a long time, many years, but I used to love the stories of Franz Kafka when I was at university. Two that come to mind are the weird story of Gregor Samsa in The Metamorphosiswho wakes up one day to discover that he has metamorphosed into a giant cockroach, with unfortunate social and family consequences, and The Castle. I haven't read any of Murakami's work, but perhaps it's time I tried someone new, or perhaps I could just read Kafka again. I wonder if he will appeal as much after so many years?

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.