Wednesday 24 August 2016

Do you believe the life after you died?

Source background
In "China's ghost weddings and why they can be deadly," Grace Tsoi (2016) says that polices in the north-west area of China arrested a man who killed two women with mental disabilities to sell a family in which they wanted a dead girl to marry with their dead boy. This is a traditional culture which Chinese people in the northern and central country, such as Shanxi, Shaaxi, and Henan provinces, still practice. But some murderers can find an opportunity from this by killing a person and then they sell the dead person to families who want. It is very effective because a murderer can earn a lot of money from this selling around 30,000 to 50,000 yuan but it's illegal and immoral.
_______________________________________ 

My Yes/No question is:
Do you believe the life after you died?

My answer is:
No, I think it cannot be proofed and I haven't this experience before. 

In fact, I don't quite believe that they (I mean Chinese people who already died) will live with a dead spouse together in the afterlife. Everyone still can't answer the question that where will we go or how about our lives after we died? In China and many countries in Asia believe about the spirit. They still take care people who already died about their afterlife.

In addition, I think we may don't have a love to live together or even we died. But in the case that they love together or they already got a marriage are excepted. This news make me think about a news which I read few weeks ago that young boy and girl in Chonburi will be marrying but they had an accident and they passed away. In the funeral ceremony, their families created the marriage celebration for these dead young adults before the funeral. In my question, if you can't find anyone you love until you died, is it necessary for your family to provide a boy or girl who also died for you but you and him or her couldn't live together when you're alive?

In my idea, living as single is fine and freedom because you don't take care or look after your love. However, giving love, having a good relationship and a good memory when we're still alive (with your family, your friends, or your love) are the most important things which we need to concern a lot. I think it's less useful to provide these to dead people who may not perceive about what we do for them. I really understand about this Chinese's culture because I'm also a Thai-Chinese person, but I quite don't believe too much, and I hope that this business will be eliminated as soon as possible.
___________
Reference
Tsoi, G. (2016, August 24). China's ghost weddings and why they can be deadly. BBC News. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-37103447

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about life after died since I never experienced but I want to make everyday in my life as meaningful as possible.I'm Buddhist and I found some principles of dharma useful for my life but some principle I still questions about it so the goal of the Buddhist is Nirvana or quenching but I'm not sure weather I believe it or not.I still need gather more information to analyze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer your question, I do not believe in life after death. However, I do not reject the possibility of such thing as well. Things that we cannot proves do not mean it is false. In your example of deceased couple in Chonburi, I think it is fine. It simply is a way for alive people to find sanctuary to their heart and soul. They are seeking a way to cope with the loss of their relative. As long as the decision is governed by sense of moral and the effect of their action does not cause harm to other people, they can do anything they want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure whether I believe in life after death or not. I don't like when people talk about mystery or ghost and something like that. I'm scared. However, in Chinese traditional day, I burn some golden paper folded in gold bars shape, money paper and house paper to my grandmother and grandfather who passed away in a belief that what I burn and send will make them more comfortable and wealthy in another world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It maybe quite interesting if we die and woke up at the cinema and the film call "Life". Although, I don't really think that we are living in the simulation, I still have to clear evidence of being in simulation or not. We don't even know whether there is a afterlife. Just like we are in the box where what we can observe is just the inside.

    For me, lets appreciate the nature from fundamental particle to the universe ,whether it is created or randomly select.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I believe the spirit, especially life after death. I'm a Thai-Chinese person who usually involve in Chinese traditional day with my family. I believe that Chinese ceremony would be worth for me in the future because I believe in karma, who behave the good ways would obtain the good things in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if I believe about life after dead or not, it's kind of 50/50 to me. But I'm scared of ghosts lol. I believe that there might be others creature out there in the parallel world, whether it's called ghost, aliens or something else. Have you ever watched the movie "Interstellar" directed by Christopher Nolan? The main character is an astronaut who is sent out to the space to seek the new livable world because the doom is coming to the existing one. He has one daughter who believes that there's a ghost in her room since the books in her room always fall down from the shelf with no reason. The movie later revealed that it's not a ghost but it's someone who tries to signal his little girl to aware of his existence when he is out there in the space, in a parallel universe. I'm sorry for being such a spoiler for anyone who haven't seen it yet. But I'm sharing this because i find it an interesting imagination which is inspiring for the unknown answer to this question.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.