Wednesday 24 August 2016

Oil's favorite piece of art

My favorite piece of art is A Series Of Unfortunate Events. It is a Gothic, steampunk styled novel about the unfortunate things that happen to the orphans. It is the first novel that I read in English so it has a special place in my memory. I wanted to improve my listening skill so I borrow a film version of the book. 

The story begins in an unusual way. It start with a happy elf family in a forest. The main character frolicking around enjoying the chirp of bird and warm sunlight. However, everything turns dim. The narrator warn the audience that if we expect a happy story from this movie, we'd better leave the theater and watch other things. The real story begins with a conflagration. The house of the Beaudelaire family was burnt down so the three siblings become orphans. They have to move to relative's house. The story unfold and later the siblings discover that his relative is the one who burnt the house. their relative hunt them down and trying to marry the oldest sister to get the fortune of Beaudelaire family. The movie was intense and unique, so I decided to read the novel. The books did not disappointed me. The plot was good, and I really enjoy the reading. There are many plot twists which made obvious by the author as his style of telling the story. I thoroughly enjoy it not only because of its style, but also the benefit of learning new words, the exciting plots, and unfortunate turns of event.


2 comments:

  1. Reading English novels is a decent way to learn new English words and style of writing as well as enjoying the interesting plot. I read this book in Thai version when I was so young. However, I cannot remember anything right now. Maybe I should read it once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read it, but it got good reviews (judgements) from critics I generally think are reliable. Maybe I should try it. I was very glad when a friend persuaded me to try Harry Potter.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.