Wednesday 24 August 2016

Pat's Favourite Work of Art

My favorite work of art is "Pisa Tower" in Italy. When I was young, I had learnt about various kind of architecture in art class and I thought that Pisa Tower was very interesting. At first, I look at the picture and I had a lot of question when I saw this. How did it construct? Why did it incline? Then, I found the information on the internet and I understood the fact. Actually, the constructer built it straight, unfortunately it was inclined by unidentified reason. But many people guess that it was inclined because land surface subsided in every year. Also, Pisa Tower would be inclined in every year too. Last year, I visited the real Pisa Tower in Italy with my family. I thought that the real one is more beautiful than the picture. It has pearl white with extremely fine work. So, I took a lot of photos with it and got in to the Pisa Tower which cost approximately 20 euro. On the Pisa Tower, I could take a lot of landscape picture around the tower. Moreover, there is a white cathedral next to Pisa Tower which is beautiful too. I think that you shouldn't miss this place when you arrive to Italy.

4 comments:

  1. Pisa Tower is a dream destination for many people. I have never been there but I love looking at people doing several creative poses with Pisa Tower. It is like the place that people will go to show that creativity to poses. I wish I could go there too

    You said that it will incline more and more every year. Do you think that there might be a chance to collapse in some day soon? Hope the morning earthquake didn't hit or even affect the Pisa tower and every one there will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pisa and its famous tower are a safe distance away, but the small town of l'Aquila that is in Cartier-Bresson's photograph is much closer; however, I didn't see it mentioned in the news reports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pisa tower is one of most famous tourist attraction in Italy, I saw pictures where people stand at the top of the building, I've never been there so I wonder how can people stand since the building inclined

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pisa tower is one of most famous tourist attraction in Italy, I saw pictures where people stand at the top of the building, I've never been there so I wonder how can people stand since the building inclined

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.