Wednesday 3 August 2011

Lek's Academic Interests

I am interested in linguistic. It is enjoyable to study different languages and also an excellent use of free time. Even though learning a new language can be challenging, it would give individuals a strong sense of achievement if they can master the new language. A good example from my experience was when I studied very hard to pass the IELTS exam. I got a very low score in all four components, listening, reading, writing and speaking. After a few months of hard study I was able to get high score in all four tasks ... to be continued tomorrow :)

4 comments:

  1. Linguistic is quite interesting!
    I love studying new languages too^^
    Well, I used to study German and Japanese.
    Studying languages helps to understand other people's culture and behavior as well.

    Cheer up for your next IELTS Exam^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for ur comment. yes it helps me to know different cultures, but more importantly i would really like to know people... all the sweet ones :) btw, i already got the pass mark for IELTS WooHoooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lek,
    Do you know Steven Pinker, a professor at Harvard who has written some great stuff on cognitive science and linguistics, especially where they meet?

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.