Wednesday 17 August 2011

Let’s go working out!

Living in a big city, you may feel tired and polluted. Everyday people have to wake up early to fight with bad traffic to be on time for their work or class. So in their spare time, some want to rest, some go travel and some do hobby. I’m one of people who go exercising when they are free of work. That’s why I’m interested this article “15-minute daily exercise is 'bare minimum for health” from BBC News.
The article reports that according to research in Taiwan, people just exercise only 15 minutes a day by 3 years, it helps to cut death risk 14%. Furthermore, in UK research is added more if you stay in front of TV 6 hours a day, your life will be shorter for 5 years. UK government recommends that adult should exercise 150 minutes. Also experts suggest that it is a good start to exercise minimum of 15 minutes a day. "You can get good gains with relatively small amounts of physical activity. More is always better, but less is a good place to start." (Biddle, S. 2011)
Actually I have been addicted to exercise for several years since I recover from hypothyroidism. My thyroid infected from tuberculosis which can happen in Thailand 1 in 400 people. (Normally people tend to get an infection of tuberculosis in lungs.)How good luck I am! I was suffered for almost 3 years. That time I took lots of medicines so I gained weight for almost 10 kgs with weakness muscles. After I recovered, I plan to reorganize my life style. I plan to eat fruit and fresh vegetable everyday and also try to avoid junk food as much as possible. I turn to play sport to make myself healthier. That is to say, I go cardio at the gym, swimming, playing tennis, playing golf, yoga and Pilates. Later, I lost some weighs, get strong body and feel happier. Now, I exercise 5-6 days a week; weekday I go to gym or yoga place or tennis court, weekend I go swimming or golfing with family. With healthy body, I can do anything what I want. This moment I'm healthier and happier. Guys, let's go working out!

References

Roberts,M. (2011, August 16). 15-minute daily exercise is 'bare minimum for health. BBC News. Retrieved August 17, 2011 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14526853

6 comments:

  1. I believe everybody really know that do exercise can make you healthier, but many people lazy to do it and tell themselves that " I don't have time" including me. :) When I have time, I prefer to sleep more than do exercise, and when I got sick, almost of time that I went to see doctor, he said "you should do exercise everyday. However, until now, I still lazy to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I get my daily 15 minutes working - I walk a bit, and am usually standing and moving during class. It's not very energetic, but I think it counts.

    My problem is that I like to exercise with weights as well, so I have to eat enough. I usually manage to eat enough, but I don't always manage to actually do the working out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love exercising too, but I always have accuses. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It encourages me to live healthier life with enough exercise and enough sleep! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enough sleep! That's another problem area for me. Thankfully, my Monday to Thursday classes don't start until 10:00 AM. But I'm definitely a night owl. For some reason, which is suspect must be congenital, I also feel awake and active after about 10:00 PM.
    It would suit me very well if the AEP reading and writing classes were moved to the 1:00 PM slot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any suggestion for increasing weight? Any pill allow me to have it?
    I did had eaten very much for several months, and had some supplementary foods, like protein whey, vitamin, fish oil. I also went to true fitness, and have a trainer!- this the last thing I want to, but I did. After all, I got 2-3 more kilo. It is not worth. I don't doing that now. Besides, playing badminton is more fun than being exhausted in gym.
    I wish in the future human can exchange their weight, like we exchange stuff in a social network game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to do exercise when I have time. I swim or jog in a fitting center. I feel very fresh when I exercise regularly. I stop exercise recently because spent all my time trying to finish my homework. However, I hear that "Reading to the mind is like exersie to the boday". I don't remember where I saw this sentence but I think it serves well here. Now I am enjoying the exercise to my mind. I will continue my exercise to my body later when I have more time.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.