Sunday 6 August 2017

Eggs problem in Europe

What I read 

In "Belgium says it knew about contaminated eggs" (2017), many countries in Europe have eliminated eggs imported from the Netherlands because chemical tests have founded the dangerous chemical called Fipronil inside Dutch eggs. This chemical harms human's kidneys, liver and thyroid glands. Belgium's food safety agency reported that they knew about the test results since June, before it became public. Country in Europe such as Germany reported that an estimated of 10 million Dutch contaminated eggs have been sold. These problems forced the Dutch government to shut about 180 poultry farms in their country for the quality investigations. Furthermore, the Netherlands is the biggest eggs products and exporter in Europe and one of the biggest in the world. The Netherlands produced an estimated of 10 billion eggs and exported about 65% every year.
_______________________________________ 

My response 
I am also eating about 4 eggs per day. Egg is one of the most popular ingredients we eat because it is cheaper than other proteins and easier to find. Today we  can buy eggs everywhere, such as in markets. I cannot imagine the effect that will happended if the contaminated eggs from the Netherlands have been sold in my country. More than 10 million might be sick. Medicine might not be enough for everyone. In the worst case, people who are weak might dead. It will become the most serious problem in the country because it affect everyone who eat eggs. The government might have to pay over 10 million Bath to import medicines form other countries. In my opinion, I think the food safety agency in my country need to work hard to eliminate low quality ingredients that have been sold in my country.

In Thailand, a lot of bad quality ingredients still can be found in our countries. Some of the ingredient's factories do not pass the ingredients quality test. Many restaurants do not accept the food quality test. These problems can find in the countryside of Thailand. I have an experience of this thing. When I went to a small village market in the Southern of Thailand. There were many foods and ingredients selling in this market. However, it was not clean enough because they did not use a good container to collect their food and ingredients. In the next day, I got sick from eating their food. This experience has taught me to check the quality of shop and restaurant before buying. If it is not clean enough. I will not buy it.
_______________________________________ 

My question for readers 

What do you think about this problem? Do you think food and ingredients in Thailand have a good quality enough?
_______________________________________ 

Reference

2 comments:

  1. After I read your article, I feel surprised that this mistake has occurred in Europe because I always thought the European countries have a very high standard on quality control. In the article, it states that 10 million of contaminated eggs have been sold in Germany, which is a large number, in that, there will be more problems come after rather than people in the country get sick. What I concern is a lot of money will be wasted during the eliminating those contaminated eggs.

    For the second question, if ‘quality’ refers to how clean the food and ingredients are, then no, I don’t think it is good enough in Thailand. Even in Bangkok, the quality control is still weak. Street food is a good example in this case. I experienced it myself about three years ago, I saw a seller dropped a stick of roast pork on the wet dirty ground and then he just picked it up and put it on a tray for selling like nothing happened. After that shock scene, I do not buy roast pork from that street food kiosk again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, food safety should be taken as a serious issue for we eat everything in our daily life.
    I was surprised that Europe has the problem in food safety because I think their government has high quality of checking everything before they sell.
    If the food safety does not be solved which might lead to the panic of public and the public might not believe in the government's measure. Besides, it also has big loss because they have to throw contained eggs away.

    Actually, there is food safety problem everywhere but we don't know the truth because they are consealed by some bad sellers. In Taiwan there is the Tainted Oil before and the public started to boycott the company's products because of this accident, and it made me realize the seriousness of the food safety problem.
    I think the food in Thailand isn't clean enough since I went to the Amphawa Floating Market last week I saw some vendors touched the river and then they touched the ingredients of food which is really scared me !

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.