Tuesday 1 August 2017

Rung's Academic Interest

The Academic Interest that I'm so really into so far is Psychology. I remembered the time when i was in university, Even it's not my major, but i spent most of the time studied it. I found that the more i know about psychology, the more i understand people's feeling. And, the most important is that i tried to understand people around me more since i knew psychology.

Psychology is the scientific study of the human mind and its functions, especially those affecting behavior. So, every emotion and behavior that people show, it exactly came from some reasons. I would like to give one example from my memory which is really happened to me personally in the past which is called 'spotlight effect'. This phenomenon  is used to explain when people feel like they are being spotted more than they really are. With many studies, i found myself being part of that effect, i was so afraid to do many things because i was too much care about how do people will look at me and what do they going to talk about me after i decided to do something. In presence, i feel more relieved and open my mind to do new things because in fact people won't care about me that much. I only have to questioned myself first to make sure that it isn't exactly harm anybody.

In my opinion, I think psychology is really interesting because it made me understand people more but if someone sticks to the theory of psychology and don't really understand people more, it makes me annoyed


3 comments:

  1. It is really interested for me as well. After I have read your article, I suddenly think of one of my friends, my best friend. He made me want to find out how he think. It is very weird for everyone to meet someone like in my case; this guy acts like he is always fine, but there was a day I found that he is not totally fine. I got that he is a man good at hiding his feeling. It is good if you can hide your bad feeling and you can solve with it yourself, but no one can. And finally, he can't stand with it, and that made other ones misunderstand him in the day he disappear with no reason. He did not choose to blow out, but to run away. Even his parents, he also don't tell them. After all, I really ensure that this case is complicated than what you read.

    Now he gets better, but I still don't know a truly reason. We could only assume many things. The only thing I know about him is he is not the same as the others. He is actually a very kind person, but, with his wrong management of his feeling and not telling the truth(that is mysterious), the others who don't really want to know think that he is crazy and lazy. And why just being disappear is seem lazy for him in their thought? As you might know, we are in the military; you might imagine how hard in our day life, so it is not odd for them to think like this. However, I could definitely conclude that his reason is not that one, but I also still don't really know, and I'm still finding for it.

    After reading two of my paragraph, you might be kind of confused, as I also am. Anyway, that brought me the interest in psychology. Of course, it's because I want to find out that mystery. If you have read my Academic Interest, you would have noticed that I really enjoy in the mystery. Unfortunately, psychology is not in my Academic Interest. I have already been in some of psychology class. Before class, I was really excited what I was going to study. But after class, I found that it doesn't match to me. It is genuine biology! My brain is not fine with something to remember; it's better at logic. However, I am still interested in psychology in the aspect of knowing what people're thinking, but it seem like studying psychology must know biology as well. So it does not fit me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry. This is a bit too long. I should honestly say that I use more than 10 minutes. But it is somewhat interesting stuff to write and I can't stop writing.

      Delete
    2. It's not a problem to write for more than ten minutes. I suggested that as a rough guideline only. When I was writing my reply to Celia above, I decided to stop before starting on Homer because that might led from one thing to another for another ten minutes and three more paragraphs.

      The three paragraphs that Melon has written here are fine. It's well organized, and readers easily from one point to the next.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.