Friday 25 August 2017

The Return of The World Fastest Train

What I read 
In the article "China relaunches world's fastest train" (2017), the writer reports that China will increase the maximum operation speed of their high-speed trains from 300 to be 350 kilometers per hour and become the world fastest high-speed train again after two accidents in the year 2011 that cause them to decrease the speed of the high-speed train. This speed will be used by the new train series name "Fuxing" on the route from Beijing to Shanghai and these trains took time less than the old series about one hour. Moreover, China now has build about 19,960 kilometers of high-speed rail tracks and start to develop a new railway that allow the train to run at the speed of 400 kilometers per hour.
_______________________________________ 

My response 
China usually copies other countries products and produce it for selling with a worse quality. This is a negative opinion that people around the world think about this enormous country which is absolutely true. We can see the news about Chinese's products cause a huge problem every year, such as fake rice that cause lots of people in their country to death. As a result, people are scared of products from China.

Because many people think that Chinese products have low quality. Let's think about this quenstion "what will happens when China build high-speed train for use in their country?" If they had invited me to be on their test ride, I would not have been there for sure because I do not think that their safety is insufficient for using. High-speed train need to have the best quality because the train run with a very fast speed. If any part of the train has broken, an accident will occur and many people will die. Just as I expected, this problem that I was scared has come true, the problem happened in the year 2011, there were two accidents happened with their train because the corrruption of the railways minister. These two accidents cause the reform of Chinese Ministry of Railways and their train quality to be improved.

Therefore, nowadays China claims that their train has a quality equal to the other countries, such as Japan, the first country that developed the high-speed train. They also claim that Fuxing is a high-speed train that create from 100 percent Chinese's technology, not a copy version of Japan or Europe train. They believe that Fuxing can ride with the world fastest operate speed and it will not be in an accident again. This year, Thai government makes a decision to use Chinese technology for Thailand high-speed train bound for the northeastern region. Many people think that their quality is not good enough. The government should use technology from another country which is better but more expensive because they are afraid of an accident will occur in Thailand too.

_______________________________________ 

My question for readers 
Do you trust in China high-speed trains safety that you will survive after you have to ride on it?
Is it a good decision for Thailand to use Chinese's technology for our high-speed train?
 _______________________________________ 
Reference

2 comments:

  1. I agree that many ones also I don't trust the Chinese's technology. That's because China have made many notorious stuff in the past. Unlike China's, USA and UK's technology is well-standard.

    If I can choose to be or not to be in this fastest train, of course, I wouldn't go. In China, I've known that they can't use Facebook and many other website, so that's first reason I never want to go there. I don't mean that I can't live without those website or I'm addicted, but I mean it's like something weird; they can't chat or surf some news outside their country(I don't know, maybe not like I think). And like I says, I heard many notoriety about China, no need to ask whether I would sit in that train. And of course, next question I don't have to answer.

    We saw a lot of mistakes from China in many aspect. Then that makes a really bad picture of China in our thought. However, that doesn't mean if we face any Chinese, we're doing to kill them, not that. And also, trust can be made but can't in one day or one week; if China could debunk a lot of their notoriety in the past and don't make it again, I'm sure everyone would trust them and would change their mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not certain that I should trust Chinese's trains or not. Nowadays, China has developed many of aspect of technologies in their country, and it is no doubt that so some of them are very powerful such as e-commerce in China. My friend told me that when he lives in China he can get everything from the Internet even fresh oranges from a farm, and it was sent to him only one day after he bought it from the Internet. I think it is a good approach for China, to be one of the high technology countries in the world.

    Also, I not sure it is a good decision to adopt Chinese technology to Thailand in technology development aspect, but in political benefit, yes, of course, it is. At the present, Thai and China has done a lot of trade together. So it is good China, for sure, to sell this technology to Thailand, as we can see that we, Thais, has used a lot of products made in China, not only us, I think around the world.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.