Tuesday 1 August 2017

Stamp's Academic Interests

When I was in high school, as an ordinary student, I played football, computer games and also skipped classes. It was not until Mattayom 3 that I met my friend, Boss, who really like watching movies. He went to school with film magazine every day. I came to the school quite early, so we met and started talking about movies. I started watching a movie from Hollywood and European films in order to understand the concept of the movie. I have to read a lot of film magazines and novels because a lot of movies came from the novels. My favourite book in that time is Harry Potter. I stopped playing football and spent a lot of time sitting the library at afternoon break reading as much as possible and also on the weekend I spent most of my time watching a movie in a theatre.

After that, I decided to write my blog about movie reviews and music reviews (I have not mentioned about it much, but I also like listening to the music and passionate about concerts) I wrote without principle. It came from my experience as a reader. I have written for 2 years without readers. While I have to decide what I want to study at the University. I was confident that I will study about film and video. I study film at the faculty of architecture, so I met a lot of friends who have different interests. I started interested in other fields.

I started my internship as a writer for Thai magazine. Every year, I interned with different magazines all around Bangkok. While I internship my team invited me to join Philosophy class which is about Postmodern Philosophy includes art movement around the world. I really enjoyed it because I had learned about the history of society and art movement. After that, I was really passionate about art. I attend French Philosophy and learn a lot from them. It shows that everything involves with art and politics as someone said there is no art with out politics. Therefore, I interested in politics in many aspects. Especially, in young people who play important role in developing democracy in Thailand. I attend a lot of workshop about politicals, critical thinking, and art. Nowadays, I still interested in those fields. I absolutely think that I can immerse those different type of mediums in order to enhance people's knowledge and more understand in human being.

6 comments:

  1. I'm afraid we are not going to read and French philosophy in your class this term, nor even any Nietzsche, although he and Foucault are two of my favourites. Actually, I usually think of Foucault as an historian more than a philosopher, although some of his work is definitely philosophy. Decades ago (I really am that old), I was amazed when I came to Foucult via Sartre and other French writers at the way he digs into the evidence to explore the "history of systems of thought" to show how they work to control societies.
    if you would like to know more, I'm sure that Stamp is the person to ask.
    We are going to read a piece of philosophy this term, hopefully starting tomorrow morning after we look at thesis statements on page 63 of Skillful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very sorry for interrupting you, but Nietzsche was a German philosopher? I like some his works, and I'm a bit curios now...

      Delete
    2. Yes, Nietzsche was German. His work usually started from his deep knowledge of ancient Greek, not only the philosophers, but also Homer. I like the way he uses his knowledge of the literatures of Greece, Rome and later to explore what they tell us about the origins of religious, moral and other systems of thought as they operated in those societies and were changed by different groups - something that Foucault and other French writers of the 20th century picked up on and evolved.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love cinematography!
    To be honest, you can call me a "movie maniac". Usually, if I have free time - I can spend all day with my laptop and chocolates watching movies. I prefer meaningful movies, like a drama or a historical roman. But now I often choose for myself french movies (in French language): "Ameli Poulen" or "Serial (Bad) Weddings" - I can recommend these films to you.
    So, I'm very happy that you choose this way. It looks like this profession is not very popular in Thailand. Will you have a plan to go back from Germany to Bangkok after you will graduate from the university? Do you know which direction of cinematography you are interested in?
    And finally, I also have freelance job: I am a travel journalist and I write for many Russian blogs and magazines. Do you write about cinema? That's so interesting for me!

    ReplyDelete

  4. My father is the one who makes me fascinated in movies. My first time watching the movie (Jurassic Park) in a cinema was when I was about 4 years old. I could not say what type of movies I like the most. My favorite movies change from time to time. I am also fascinated in animation movies, The Lion King and Wall-E are forever in my top lists.
    Movies are not only the entertainment for me, they often provide me knowledge, inspiration, and ideas. Just like you did, I always enjoy discussing content and others in the movies with my friends. By doing that, it makes my perspective wider. Moreover, movies are a great part of my life that makes me become who I am.
    It is awesome how you try to follow your dream to be a filmmaker. In high school time, I dreamed that I could be a part of a film production. Unfortunately, I failed myself and chose another path as an architect because I felt like my family will not support me in film career.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.