Tuesday 1 August 2017

Sharon's Academic Interests

When i was in senior high school,i really want to be interior designer.I love to draw some unprofessional design diagram in my free times.Even went to books store to read lots of house design books after my class.I usually read some books about how to decorate or make more space in my room.And i enjoy to observe every space that the hotel i live or restaurants i went.IKEA is my favorite place to go in my vacation.There are many furniture and different design in both small space or even large space.

Afterwards i major in international business in the university.Because of some practical problems,like interior designer might be a unstable job.If no one likes my design or not popular enough,i probably will get unemployment.So it is quite a difficult question about the choice between interest and occupation.

Green house is a hot issue in every country.All the ingredients or elements might use environmental material or some technique to save energy.So its quite interesting to combine this two. It really attracts me a lot although interior designer is still my dream now.As a result i think when i have a stable job,i will start to study design.To achieve what i really want to do.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sharon,

    I am sad to hear that you cannot study what you like, although you know what you enjoy living with. However, I really understand how hard is it to live as interior designer who gain enough money for living.

    I agree with you about the Greenhouse effect. It is one of the underlying problem our world is facing.
    It is a good idea to adopt a new approach to solve this problem by using a combination of what you interested in and what you study from the university.

    Finally, There are plenty of online courses that provide rudimentary knowledge of interior design. I hope you can find it, and continue pursuing your dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to include in my own comment that I also agreed with Stamp that it's sad to have felt compelled not to choose the favoured subject to study at university, but perhaps later.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading Sharon's post. I never thought of studying interior design, but it is something that I think about for my own living space. As I read and thought about the examples that Sharon gives of places she likes to visit, I also realised that it is important to me, even if I don't directly think about it that often. Part of the appeal of places I like to eat in or visit is the interior design, how the place uses the available space and, as Sharon says, the materials used. One of my favourite places to eat is the Dean & Deluca restaurant at Mahanakorn. I like the food there when I'm in the mood for Western, but the space is also designed to make it an attractive, colourful and open place to enjoy a meal.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.