Monday 7 August 2017

Trends in E-Commerce


HonestBee delivery person handing over bag to customer

What I read 

In "Amazon and Alibaba battle it out in Asia",e-commerce is getting more and more popular.This is the current economic trend.Nowadays,form of job is getting changed.People not only get a job in the company but also in the internet.Joel Sng, HonestBee's founder who built the business from scratch two years ago and started it here in Singapore. It's now expanded into eight markets across the Asia Pacific region.And it hope to march into South East Asia. The employees in HonestBee only have to pick up fresh foods and groceries in the market for shoppers whom send her orders via the HonestBee app. Payments,is the biggest problem in e-commerce, especially in emerging markets.Because they haven't established the comfortable system to pay online.Therefore,it is challenging to spread in these countries.
_______________________________________ 

My response 

Owing to new technological advances, e-commerce has become more popular,and also become another way to consume.In the weekend,most people neither want to go out side to buy something to eat nor buy certain thing from another country that is far from us.So e-commerce become the current economy trend in today's society.It begin more convenient for people to shopping;For instance,it is more easily to compare prices online and there is no need to standing in queues or being placed on hold.Although e-commerce is more convenient and achieve a cost reduction,there are still some private worry.If there are e-commerce anywhere,the security of online transactions must be the big problem.For example,consumers might suffer from credit card fraud,when they bought something from e-commerce.


Although e-commerce is more convenient and achieve a cost reduction,there are still some private worries.If there are e-commerce anywhere,the security of online transactions must be the big problem.For example,consumers might suffer from credit card fraud,when they bought something from e-commerce.Some consumers also want to touch, feel, hear, taste and smell the product before they buy.Thus there are lots of accident that the product you received may not the same as the picture online. Delay in receiving goods is also common problem.If shopping is about instant gratification, then consumers are left empty-handed for some time after making a purchase on an e-commerce website.I have the same experience that I have been waited for the clothes I order for almost 2 months.In my opinion,e-commerce can be convenient,but there still have some potential risks.
_____________ 

My question for readers 

What do you think about e-commerce ? Do you think there is any potential risk ?
_______________________________________ 
Reference

4 comments:

  1. I can see, that in Thailand (and maybe in other countries) shopping means much more then just go to the shop and buy that you need. That's fun, entertainment, an opportunity to meet friends. People can go to the shopping mall just for fun! And - that strange - they don't buy anything except a couple of cheap sandwiches or noodles on food court. So, I think e-commerce still not very popular in Thailand, and perhaps in Asia. Because that's not for fun. When we go to "Amazon" or "Alibaba" - what do we want to receive? I think I want to save my money and time. And, of course, I don't wait "fun" from my laptop.Culture of consumption in Asia still very interesting for me, this is a mystery that I can't solve.
    If we talk about potential risk: I can say that it's normal. If you go to "Amazon" - you have to understand your risks. You can lost your money or you can wait your perfect dress for two month. I think now e-commerce is very convenient way to keep money and time. For me, these are the two main reasons why I choose the Internet shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using online shopping for many years, and have never had a problem. I started buying books, and selling things, on Amazon when it first started, and everything I've ever ordered has arrived safely and quickly. Of course, I know that this is not always true, but I'm sure that mistakes and delays are not usual.

    Some of my friends worry about giving credit card details online, but I think if it's a well-known site, such as Amazon, there is no real risk, and any fraud can be repaid by the bank, so that has not worried me much either, although I am very careful about where I enter my credit card details. The last think I paid for online was a course on Coursera a couple of days ago: as before, the transaction went smoothly, and I'm don't have any worries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But perhaps I should check my language a little more carefully before I click the blue "Publish" button. I sometimes change my idea halfway through a sentence, or get a better idea, and then forget to change the first part of the sentence that I've already written. That's what happened with the last sentence in my comment above.

      Delete
  3. I have the same experience as Peter has. I quite enjoy online shopping, it suits me a lot. Sometimes I spent more than 1 hours choosing books on online shopping websites. There are various types of books to choose. In some case, It is convenient. In some of the online shopping websites, you can get the things you buy on the same day you pay. The price is a big plus, I found that most of the things on the website is cheaper than in department stores. Nowadays, I admit that I enjoy online shopping even other people feel unsafe to use it.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.