Tuesday 1 August 2017

Melon's Academic Interests

My first attention is in Mathematics. I have studied many thousand hours in Math. It is like the required subject of any level and any curriculum. It started when I was grade 6 student. Actually, I am good in solving Math problem naturally but I noticed just when my teacher told me something. She called me to her office after class and told that she would make me a star and would send me to the contest. She said she saw my genius in this way, I could answer the question that the others could not. After that, I told my mom then she, who absolutely support me in studying, talked to my teacher, and I have extra Math classes every day(maybe it is not good to hear that) I admit that I am a bit lazy sometimes but I am still interested in it. Moreover, it is not the only reason; I also like the pattern of it. It is something that can be answered and proved. By this reason, I also like to find the answer to many mystery things.

I am also interested in Astronomy. When I was a kid, I found that I like to look for something mystery, maybe it is related to my beloved Mathematics. I first studied about the black hole in Science period in primary school. This brought me my new knowledge but is ambiguous that what is in it. I found it amazing which Science can not explain, until now. Also, I like to solve this mystery. It is challenging to know what is in the black hole, so I tried to find it on the internet. Suddenly, I knew that there are so many things outside the world besides the black hole that is still the mystery. After that, I became excited to see these phenomena, such as lunar eclipse, and to listen to NASA news. I became fascinated by Astronomy since then.

My another interest is music. Even though I am not a good-voice singer(I can not get to high-key sound), I love many types of musical instrument, especially the drumset. I like to listen to the music. Of course, almost everyone like the sound of music, but it is not everyone interested in playing it. For me, I want to play all of it but I give most attention to the drum. Unfortunately, I just started to love it when I was in high school, not in primary school that is plenty of time, so my drumming is not expert as I hope right now. Until now, I still have a little time but I share some of it to practice the drum. However, I planned that after I get graduated I will spend more time and will be happy to improve these skills. I am not throwing it away.

10 comments:

  1. It's nice to find someone else who has also loved mathematics from a young age. As I first learned philosophy many years ago, it was clear that the certainty that Melon describes was one of the reasons that from the earliest times, from Thales and Pythagoras, there were close connections between mathematics and philosophy, and of course logic, which really took off with Aristotle, is like the foundation not only of philosophy but of mathematics.

    My musical pursuits did not go very well either. I love the flute, and played it for a few years in high school, but I never put in the practice to become as good as I wanted to. I doubt I could play at all these days, although I still love the sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I am not good in mathematics, I still think that it is very amazing, particularly in the way how mathematics can be used to solve problems. For instance, fifty years ago, there was a great accomplishment of humankind when the NASA could finally send human walking on the moon surface. That would never happen without knowledge of mathematics. Mathematics was involved in every process, calculating how much fuel was enough for launching the shuttle into the space, how fast the rocket had to reach, or even how much oxygen was used along the mission etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do you really believe that Neil Armstrong has walked on the moon? There're many critics support both views - it is real and it is fake. I haven't study science that much so some theory I couldn't analyse if it is true or false.

      Delete
    2. So do you think that Neil Armstrong has not walked on the moon?
      I just wrote a longer reply here, but decided to delete it. I wonder your classmates think about this controversial question, and their reasons. It's a good topic to practice critical thinking skills.

      Delete
    3. Oops - I should have checked a bit more carefully before I clicked "Publish", but I think my meaning is clear, even with the missing word.

      Delete
    4. I have heard this critic too, but I have not done a research about it. Personally, I believe that 'the man on the moon mission' is real because there are many high technologies we use today were originally invented for space mission.

      Delete
    5. I think that some knowledge of history also helps us to decide whether or not Neil Armstrong really did walk on the moon in 1969.

      Delete
    6. I know that this is a popular theory, but I've never found it very convincing. The political factors seem to me enough to prove false the theory that Armstrong did not walk on the moon. It is impossible for me to believe that in 1969 Russia and China, then the enemies of the US in a bitter cold war, would not have said it was a lie if the US had not really done that. Both Russia and China had the technology to at least monitor what the US was doing, and they would have exposed any false claims the US made about it. The evidence that it was a hoax by the US government of the time seems to me very weak in comparison.

      Delete
  3. I also interest in astronomy too. There are many mysteries attract me, such as the beginning of the universe. Nowadays, human try to find the answer for the mysteries. We have invented many tools and machines to use in the experiment and space mission. The answer we got also wonderful. Many information we got is very useful for humankind in the future. Maybe in the next 100 years human might be able to live on Mars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In high school i played drum,too.I was the member of the pop music club.And i really took pleasure in the performance that i played with my band.Although i enjoyed in playing drum,there were still lots of obstruction:for instance,schoolwork might took me many time to study.So there is no surplus time for me to practice drum.It really the same feeling with mine.I think keep passion is really helpful for me to improve everything i interest.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.