Thursday 1 March 2018

Welcome to RW2A and to our class blog

What I read

Although I've read a lot in preparation for it, this post, the first of 2018, has a different purpose. I want to welcome you to your EAP class. 
___________________________________ 

My response 

and welcome also to the resuscitated EAP class blog, which has been dormant for several months. Thank you for joining our Saturday class in Reading and Writing for academic purposes. I hope you find the next six weeks enjoyable and even a bit challenging. 
___________________________________ 

My question

I hadn't planned on a question, but I guess I should follow my own template for our blogs. Perhaps it's worth asking you to write a comment on your previous experience or ideas on using online discussion boards. As you will see in our book, online discussion makes an appearance early on in Unit 1 (Bixby & Scanlon, 2013, p. 9) and there is a more extensive coverage of this common part of modern university courses on page 66, so I do have a question. 

Do you agree with Bixby and Scanlon? Is a class blog a useful addition to our class this term? (This is two sentences, but it's one question for you to respond to.) 

___________________________________ 

Reference

  • Bixby, J. & Scanlon, J. (2013). Skillful Reading & Writing, Student's Book 3. Oxford: Macmillan Education 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, your comments are welcome.
    You can either write a new comment, or reply to an existing comment.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.