Saturday 3 March 2018

Fung's Academic interests


Since I graduated and got a chance to be part of Bureau of Large animal Biotechnology, My interests in Large animal reproductive physiology has been exponentially developed. I had an opportunities to practice in animal biotechnology such as Artificial insemination and Embryonic transfer which are very useful methods to increase Animal productions and yield more profits to livestock farmers. Moreover, Those practices required a skilled hands which are really challenging and fun, imagine that you put your hands in cow's gut and use blind-technique to inject sperms in the right place deep in their body. I could tell that it is like a hole of mystery.       

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Fung. It reminds me of scenes at my parents' farm when I was growing up. When our cows were having trouble giving birth, it was sometimes necessary to try to help, which meant the insertion of my fathers hands up the elbows to rearrange the calf inside. And that brings up images of duck day, complete with headless bodies flopping around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't understand how you feel when your hand in cow's gut. However it is interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a child, my brothers, sisters and I found it fascinating watching such things. I guess if it's what you're used to, your reaction is different.

      A related thought that comes to mind: I wonder how people would feel if they saw what goes on at the abattoirs where the cattle for tasty steaks are killed, or at the plants that turn pigs into pork and chickens into chicken?

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.