Wednesday 12 November 2008

in Quest, p 176, exercise C. - Hana

1. In your opinion, how is a phobia different from a normal fear? What might be some “healthy fears”?
- A phobia is keep going fear or always fear or repeat fear about something, someplace, but a normal fear is temporary fear. For example, I have a claustrophobia(enclosed space). When I go to the small room without window, I always feel fear. On the other hand, when I see a horror movie, I feel fear. It is just temporary fear. I think healthy fear is not effect ordinary life. Almost people have a phobia, but they can ordinary life.

3. Do you know anyone who is phobic? How does this phobia affect her or his life?
- My friend is acrophobia. When we go to the mountain together, she doesn’t look down.

4. Do you know of any famous people who suffered from a psychological disorder? If so, who were they? Do you know what disorder they had?- The famous actress in Korea has major depression. She killed herself. Maybe, she feel her outside is gorgeous, but inside is empty

3 comments:

  1. i heard the news many times about the famous actress in Korea killed themself. i agree with you that they are major depression. they have a lot of works and they are serious. they collect stress alway. these make them worry all times until they become major depression. i feel sad when i heard the news because some actress is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you as well. In the beginning, I was wondering why so many South Korean movie stars and singers commit suicide. However, recently, I read from a newspaper which said that the internet use rate in South Korea is among the highest in the world. So, when there is a gossip about that star or singer, he or she receives a lot of negative information about themselves which stresses them so much that they commit suicide. I wonder why the internet is so influential to people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the normal fear is just temporary fear and not effect on ordinary life, but I am not sure this “Almost people have a phobia”. Could you please clarify this statement? My understanding is that phobia is a severe anxiety, which this is not seen in general people. Just my wonder, are most people who killed themselves mostly have major depression or others like panic, phobia, schizophynia, ....

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.