Monday 17 November 2008

My favorite dictionary : Am

"Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary" (7th edition) is my favorite dictionary because first there is a package which offers CD-Rom for installing in a computer. I can both find the words from the dictionary and from my computer, which is very convenient. In addition, there are many kind of interesting words to learn about, for example, new words which are up to date such as "bird flu", and cultural words such as "car boot sale". Moreover, example sentences are very useful for me to learn how the words work in context. That's important to choose the right word in each case.

About the character of the dictionary, I like the vocabulary items in blue. That's comfortable to look at and easy to find. Besides, there are the pictures to describe some words such as "goat" and "sheep", to show me how they are different. This makes me understand more about them.

These are the reasons why I like this dictionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.