Monday 17 November 2008

My favorite dictionary - Aom-

My favorite dictionary is Cambridge Dictionary. I usually use Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary online because it is easy and convenient for me to find the words. Espeacially dictionary online have a lot of vocabularies and there are always update a new words. Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary show phonetic, parts of speech, and an example sentence. The example sentence can help me to understand the words and how to use it. If you interesting in this dictionary, here are the link : http://dictionary.cambridge.org/default.asp?dict=CALD . I think it is a good to use more than one dictionary if you don't know the word and how to use it because you will see many example sentences. I think it will help you to choose the right word to use in your writing.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Aom,
    I didn't realize the the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary was available online. I've added your link to the list of Useful Links on the right.

    I also liked your suggestion that it's a good idea to use more than one dictionary. Different dictionaries have different purposes, and the same one might not always be the best.

    I looked up abnormal in the CALD; the definition is similar to, but a little different to those in the OED family of dictionaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks also for being the first person to sign up as a follower of our blog.
    It was you and Mark doing that that prompted me to add the list of AEP at AUA followers on the right.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.