Monday 2 May 2016

Ae's favourite work of art

If foreigners come to Thailand, they will see a lot of architecture such as temple. That's why, my favourite work of art is temple. The most beautiful temple in my point of view is Grand Palace which is located in the heart of Bangkok and known to be landmark of Thailand. 

In Normally, It opens from 8.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. everyday. As Thais, we allow to enter Grand Palace for free. However, foreigners have to pay entrance fee 500 baht per person. 

Someone may curious that why they have to charge entrance fee for foreigners. I think they have two main reasons for this question. Firstly, it was a palace for a king and was construct the same period as Bangkok. Secondly, it need to be restored many times to make it always look new. That's why, here is my favourite work of art which I recommend every foreigner to look around.

4 comments:

  1. I partly agree with your opinion that the Grand Palace is one of the most beautiful architecture in Thailand. it shows various culture of Thailand, such as religion and Thai history.

    When it comes to expense, perhaps the Grand Palace's officers don't charge Thai people because the Thai government wants them to know and realize Thai custom and wants them to disseminate Thai tradition to other people both heirs and foreigners.

    However, I think you should recommend this place not only foreigners, but Thai people too. Presently, new Thai generations tend to approach western more than Thai culture. If Thai children are not interested in their architecture, Thai architecture may gradually disappears in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I like this place, too. Because I like the architecture of the old Thai building. Sorry, not every building, only the one built at the first period of time. The newer building isn't that great because they look more rigid not curvy like old one. Anyway, the environment there is very neat unlike the other part of Bangkok.

    Before visiting there, I think it's a good idea to check the clothing to be allowed in that area, especially women. There is a number of rule the foreigner need to know to be "respectful" for the palace. For example, the shirt should have sleeve. The women should wear skirt never wear pant but jeans are not allowed for any gender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Grand Palace too. It is a beautiful palace. I have been there once. The inside is really amazing. I also love the temple which contain the emerald Buddha. It is the most beautiful temple in Thailand; however, I do not like crowded people inside the temple. But I will recommend this place to foreigners to visit when they come to Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I like the Grand Palace too. I have been there for long time ago. I like the architecture of the building. I would suggest you to go to Ayutthaya. There are many temples there which are really beautiful. I hope you will like those.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.