Monday 2 May 2016

Union's favourite work of art

My favourite work of art is  The Pop Kids song from Pet shop boy because I like to listen to EDM very much. Its sound is very trendy and make me think of 90's era at the same time. Its lyric is also nostalgic telling about the pop kids type of people who have passion with the music in that particular period of time while he interpret the sound to become very contemporary by putting many new sort of technique but still very familiar with. The album is just released last month on the April's fool day but it's real not a joke. He always amaze me why the artist whose age is categorized as retired senior still can produce such work with a lot of passion and creativity. I always admire him and his works as always.

He make me think about when we should retire ourselves. Which age is the best? When would desire that kind of decision? People from generation Y have a dream to get retired at very low age around 40 or 50 something and planning for their vacation like travelling around the world or own some small business. But Pet shop boys should make us think about it again! This is the one I wish to share to you all. Let's take a look!

7 comments:

  1. I had a chance to listen to EDM only once, only because someone made me to. But after reading your blog i would like to try to listen to this kind of music too. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beat sounds right for working out, but I think I'll stick with Bowie and my other old time favourites. But I did listen to the YouTube clip. What did we do before the rise of YouTube and the other amazing normalities of modern life?

    Actually, I'm old enough that I had officially retired by 1990 when I more or less decided to live in Thailand. But life did not become particularly retired then.

    I wish I could retire earlier at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I listen The Pop Kids song, I feel nostalgic about Songkran Day that I went to the party with my pals at night at Wipe Out Ibiza RCA, although its rhythm is smoother than rhythm I listened in that day.

    I think It's good that you conclude this writing by an aspect of generation Y. This enables me to think about my life too. Presently, I guess I want to retire at least when I'm 60 years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That hurts me a lot because you use the word "nostalgic" to point the few years. But this word means 20 years for me! So sad!
      Haha!

      Delete
    2. I was feeling a bit nostalgic this morning, so listened to an old Seekers' concert I remembered enjoying ... in 196x (It was recorded in 1965, but I might not have heard it until a few years later - for some reason 1968 comes to mind, but I don't know why).

      Delete
  4. I like to listen EDM too. I usually listen to EDM song when I read books because it makes me awake and not feel sleepy. I'm also able to concentrate while listening because some EDM song has no lyrics, so I can focus only on reading books. However, I never known about this artist before. But after listening to this song, I found out that his song is very interesting. I would probably search his name on the Youtube channel and listen to his other songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You can listen to EDM while reading books. I think I cannot do that. Maybe it could help for writing but not reading. If I do while reading, I may become distracted and can't stop move my body especially beating my feet. ;P

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.