Wednesday 11 May 2016

Do you like soft drink?

Source background
According to "Soft drinks named in Liverpool tooth decay battle" (2016), Health officials in Liverpool has created a new campaign called "Is your child's sweet tooth harming their health." The campaign aims to warn people about large amount of sugar in soft drinks that can lead to tooth problems in children. As nowadays about two thousand children in the city have suffered from tooth extraction by the age of five and one of the reason is tooth decay. The campaign specifically tells amount of sugar containing in each popular or well-known soft drink such as Coca-Cola, Tropicana and Capri-sun. And it also show the maximum daily allowance of sugar for children in each age.



_______________________________________ 

My Yes/No question is:
Do you like soft drink?

My answer is:
Yes, I do. I usually drink it twice a week.

Firstly, after I read this article, I wasn't surprised much because I already knew that soft drinks contain a lot of sugar. But I prefer to drink it anyway because it makes me feel fresh. For example, when I drink Coca-cola, its fizzy and sweet taste make me feel energetic. So I usually drink it when I crave for something sweet and when I am tired. Furthermore, most of people think that sugar is harmful to our health. But, I think that sugar can give something good to our body as well. For example, taking in sugar can make people active because it will transform to energy in our body. However, too high consumption of sugar may lead to some disease such as heart disease and diabetes. So we should control and concern amount of sugar that we take in our body in our everyday life.

Moreover, I think that this campaign is a good idea to make people aware of drinks or foods that they choose to eat. It also helps people think carefully to make the right choice of food that is healthier and good for their health. I think there are many healthy choices of food in the market now. And because of innovation nowadays, you can choose to eat or drink sweet products that are not contain sugar such as Coke Zero. Therefore when you eat it, you wouldn't have to concern about how much sugar contain in that drink.



___________
Reference
Soft drinks named in Liverpool tooth decay battle. (2016, May 9). BBC News. Retrieved from  http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-36247176

11 comments:

  1. I'm a same type as you. I always know that how much sugar is in soft drink and how bad soft drink can harm your health, but I can't stop drinking it anyway. I love Coca-Cola for its fizzy and sweet that can make me awake.

    Yet, I'm trying to stop or, at least, drink it less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like soft drink. But I have stoped drinking for more than a year for too much sugar contain and it "call pimple up" on my face. Now, I prefer to drink fruit juice with less sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like soft drinks, but I have to avoid drinking them because they not only contain lots of sugar that enables you to become obese, but also are added carbon dioxide that makes your bone decay. Actually, if you always drink soft drinks such as cola or Sprite, you probably won't able to walk as a result of weak bones.

    In terms of this news, I believe that there are many benefits to campaign about disadvantages of eating lots of sugar. For example, it will decrease percentage to have teeth decay and it also makes you become healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't drink soft drink very often because I quite feel uncomfortable in my stomach. By the way, I agree that they make me feel fresh. When I want to buy that soft drink, I simply check the ingredients and compare if which brands contain less sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DEFINITELY agree with your first sentence. As i have commented on my own, it feels so weird inside.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happily, I don't like soft drinks so never drink them. When I go out for a meal, I usually drink water or tea, or if it's a more elaborate meal, wine. When I go to pubs and places with friends, I usually stick to water. People used to think it odd to go to a pub and order water, but I think more people are doing that these days.

    Occasionally I get dragged to McDonalds by a friends young son. We usually order sets there that include soft drinks, but I usually only take a few sips of mine. I can handle a Big Mac every now and then, although I think Burger Kink makes tastier burgers.

    There used to be a great burger place in the Paragon supermarket with burgers made of Wagyu beef, but it's disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate soft drink eventhough i can drink it but if i have a chance to avoid then i would. I don't like how soft drink contains loads of gas and when i drink them it makes me feel weird inside my stomach. My favorite drink is mineral water, no harms and also good to your body as it's needed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like soft drinks. Actually, I've never drunk one since I was a child because I have gastric problems and soft drink will do nothing but aggravate them. This can be seen as a advantage because by avoiding them I won't get extra sugar than the amount I need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like soft drinks. Even though I knew that these are not healthy at all, I still like to drink them. Because of high sugar in soft drinks, I have to avoid drinking them and choose to drink water or sugar-free drinks instead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was a child, I drank this kind of beverage a lot without any worry. That’s cool taste for me. Now, I change my drinking behavior toward less soft drink. We all consume sugar a lot though several foods with and without intention. To reduce sugar in our body drinking it less would be helpful and save our money.

    However, there are also new products of soft drink which are sugar-free. I don’t like it too much since their taste is not as good as the original ones.

    As you guys quite agree with me, Thailand is very and very hot. Sometimes we need sweet and good flavor drinks to quench our thirst and make us fresh. Soft drink would be the good choice. But be careful to drink it too much.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.