Monday 2 May 2016

Kam's favorite work of art



Have you ever wonder what true love is? If the answer is yes, I would like to introduce and invite you to read my favorite work of art, The fault in our stars. Written by John Green, The fault in our stars is one of the best selling romantic young-adult novels. The novel is narrated by the terminally ill young lady, Hazel Grace Lancaster. Her life had changed dramatically when she was diagnosed to have terminal lung disease. She dropped out of school and rarely met any friends. Not until she went to the support group did she find a guy who would change her life forever. Augustus Waters, the guy at the support group, was thought to have no evidence of cancer after his leg was amputated. He fall in love with Hazel at the very first sight. Hazel tried her best not to be loved by Augustus because she knew that the people who loved her would be hurt when she died, but their love for each other was undeniable. They also shared common interest in AIA ( an imperial affliction) which was written by Peter Van Houten, who, later in the book, was revealed to be an alcoholic. AIA was not completely written. The dialog ended as if the narrating character died. However, they were not sure if this was what the author really meant. They were determined to visit him in Amsterdam to ask for the sequel. The story went on. Finally, she ironically didn't die and was hurt by Augustus's death instead. 

The fault in our stars is so touching that I cried when I first read it. It successfully implied the meaning of true love to me. True love is not just to get someone you like; it is to care, to support, and to understand that special person of yours even in his/her darkest moments. 

3 comments:

  1. After I read your writing, I wonder if this story is made on film. So, I immediately search on the internet and then I find out that The Fault in Our Stars was directed by Josh Boone in 2014. The reason why I search on the internet is I prefer watching romantic drama movies to reading romantic drama novels. For me, watching this kind of movies makes me become sad and cry easily. I will watch it when I have enough time soon.

    Furthermore, this story enables readers to realize people affected by severe diseases. Maybe love can make a miracle for them at last I guess and I hope that will happen in this story both novels and movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi N'Gam, I've heard about this movie before and watched the trailer also. But I don't want to watch it because i'm afraid that it will be sad-ending story. I agree with you about the meaning of true love. True love doesn't mean to living together happily ever after like the fairy tale, but it is to care and support your love one. This movie also remind me to another movie called "A walk to remember", you may haven't born yet since this movie was first released. If you love this kind of movie, I'd recommend this movie too. Don't forget to prepare you handkerchief to wipe your tears ;(

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.