Monday 2 May 2016

Ant's favourite work of art

      Actually, I don't know much about art but I got a chance to learn to sculpt ceramic works once when I was eighteen. At that time, I found out that making ceramic art works was very fun and interesting. Therefore, I would say that my favourite work of art is ceramic pottery. I think that the processes of making ceramics work is very fascinating. It composes of many steps in order to finish one beautiful ceramic work and each step is very delicate. My favourite part in making ceramic pottery is shaping step. In this step, the clay is put on rotating machine that rotates all the time and you have to use your hands to shape the clay and make it becomes a mug,vast or whatever you want. Also, you have to be focused and concentrated in this step because the clay is slippery, so it  can be easily out of shape.  I was enjoy doing this kind of art, so I hope that I will have a chance to do it again soon.
       This a picture of when clay is shaped on rotating machine. I took it from the internet, so you guys can understand more about making ceramic pottery.

5 comments:

  1. I love this piece of art too. I'm eighteen and now I'm wishing I could have a chance to do a ceramic pottery workshop like you did. There's one application called pottery on smartphone and i usually play it everyday to design my own pots and stuff. I wish i could build a real one though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago, I tried making a pot on a friends pottery wheel. It was much harder than it looked when she did, and needed some strength - Ant's description sounds right: "you have to be focused and concentrated."

    I was even worse at pottery than I was at drawing. But messy as it was, it was also fun, and I can appreciate the idea of creating something with your hands that endures. About the only thing I create with my hands these days is my morning omelette, and that doesn't endure for long.

    But my coffee is almost done, and it's omelette time. Today I've got some fresh oregano to add!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I studied in grade 6 (prathom6), this was the first time I did ceremic pottery. I remember that my art teacher assigned my friends and me to make ceramic pottery. We had freedom to think and choose what we want to create. And then, my group decided to make a cup because we thought it was easy and beautiful. Although, our pot wasn't wonderful and smooth, we became happy when we were able to finish it and we also knew problems we would improve when we will do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My school friend own a ceramic workshop on the Phra-ka-nong road. You can enjoy sculpting and painting your own masterpiece there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.