Monday 2 May 2016

Wan's favorite work of art

I do not think I have a favorite work of art, but actually, some movies might be my favorite. I love watching "How to train you dragon". I have watched it for more than 10 times. It is about a viking who did not hunt for dragons, but he helped a dragon. So, they became good friends and after that he had to change other vikings' mind about dragon, and finally, they lived happily ever after. I think this is a good film and I practice my listening English skill by watching it. It might sound silly for someone to pick cartoon as a favorite piece of art but I think it is okay. If I have a chance to recommend any kids a movie to watch, this movie will be the first one I pick.

What type of arts are most people favorite? Songs? Books? Movies? I think maybe movies but there are many people who love reading because they can use their imagination more than watching movie. Like Harry Potter, readers usually complained that the movie is not what they expected when they read and they prefer reading.But for me, I think reading consumes more time than watching so I prefer watching.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first, I know only Dragons, the TV series because last year, my younger brother was watching this series while I was doing homework. I didn't watch this series as I didn't have enough time to watch. Anyway, when I read your favorite movie, I become interested immediately because I think it's interesting to know how Hiccup do to change others' mind. I believe that it's very hard for him to do.

    In terms of reading books and watching movies, I prefer reading books to watching movies because Reading books enable me to imagine lots of events and it's convenient to carry everywhere you go. I usually read books while waiting my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Wan's comment about time - and that's the problem with movies, they don't have enough time to include most of the story. The film adaptations (adapt was in the homework last night) of Rowling's story leave out an enormous amount not only of the story, the plot, but also of the characters and the linked themes. I thought the films were OK, but nothing special, and not nearly as bewitching as the books, which do, as Wan says, take a bit more time and effort to enjoy.

    You get the same with screen adaptations of Pride and Prejudice - the excellent BBC TV series is something like ten hours of viewing, so how can a crappy two hour film that throws out most of Austen's story compete?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like to watch "How to train your dragon." Similar to you, I watched it over and over again for 10 times. It was cute how the movie showed the relationship between a viking boy and a dragon. Moreover, this movie is in one of my favorite movie lists.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.