Tuesday 24 May 2016

Do you usually listen to music on YouTube?

Source background

From "Music and YouTube - an uneasy marriage, 2016", most music is consumed in so many ways from streaming video and audio to good old-fashioned vinyls. The only problem for music producers is money fell from   streaming selling products, most companies immediately know who to blame - YouTube. Several years ago, the problem was first happened from people finding illegal copies of genuine article rather than paying for the products from companies, from now it seems to be YouTube that caused the problem. One CEO from the music company have stated that music is helping YouTube to grow up their business, but YouTube won't help the music companies back. Unfortunately the result came out, as the real problem is most music videos on YouTube have been updated by Vevo, which is a company that were built for this purpose, so that means it's about the unclear agreement between Vevo publisher and YouTube's owner. Surely, the companies want government to take role in this problem, but even the government, they're not sure what the companies want them to do.
_______________________________________ 

My Yes/No question is:
Do you usually listen to music on YouTube?

My answer is:
Yes, I do, most of the time.

YouTube seems to be the easiest way for me to listen to some music and even provide me the official videos to enjoy watching my favorite singers. However, I know that some music on YouTube seems to be illegal, I still don't want any audios or video to be deleted. Sometimes, the price of legal music are high, my point is, you don't just pick out one music from the album to listen, if you have to buy, you have to buy the whole album which will cost you so much money. It's simple that people would avoid paying at high cost and download or listen to things for free instead.

In the past, companies may be able to succeed in selling their products since technology haven't yet reach people's hands. But now as time has passed by, technology became a part of human's life. It's easy to reach and convenient. It's not only about the price, it's also about convenience too. When you want to buy the music companies' products, you would have to go to some stores that provide them and buy ones you want, which costs you a lot including payment for travelling to the stores. But if you just search on the YouTube or illegal copies on the internet instead, you can just stay at home, pick up your smartphones or any devices, then you can get whatever you like downloading or just listening online.

For me, both reasons are important. I do prefer listening to music on YouTube or even watch some videos because later on you can download some files on your devices and put them on your smartphones, so you can listen to them anywhere you go even you don't have internet data. It tends to be more popular among people nowadays since they used YouTube as a based site for listening to music. Even though, the companies want the government to do something with YouTube, I don't think the government will work it out. There might be some groups of people who will go against that.
___________
Reference
Cellan-Jones, R. (2016, May 20). Music and YouTube - an uneasy marriage. BBC News. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36340447

8 comments:

  1. I sometimes watch MVs in YouTube or watch live sport when I'm outside. However, I don't really like to use YouTube for listening music because my cell needs to connect with the internet for the whole time. Hence, I prefer to download the ones I like to the applications in my phone, so I can listen to my favorite songs anytime without internet connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would just download for free on my computer and transfer songs to my iphone so i can listen them in music application lol.

      Delete
  2. I use Youtube every time when I listen to music. I think it is easy to access, convenient and the most important thing is it is free! When I use Youtube, the only thing I need is internet but now even when there is no internet connection, I still can listen to music because there are illegal applications that I can download songs and videos from Youtube, keep it in my phone and I can listen or watch them anytime I want without the internet. Although I know that these applications are illegal but I choose to use it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do because it is very convenient. I don't like buying CD, I usually like only some songs, not all. And I don't like carrying all of my CD everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not only stopped buying music CDs and the like, but I've also stopped buying DVDs and other video products. YouTube and NetFlix provide everything on demand, and I've been able to get rid of the large collection of discs that were cluttering my home - this also made some of my friends happy when I gave away over a decade's collection of DVDs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog post enables me to be guilty to listen music via YouTube. although I always realize that I should buy DVDs from music stores or the new songs via iTunes, I choose to listen lots of it for free. I love to listen to music via YouTube because I don't have to keep many music CDs or DVDs in my house. Besides, I don't have to collect or download to my devices like smart phones or iPod that permit my devices to be able to have enough space to keep game or textbook applications.

    I see in YouTube that many companies have released their new songs by themselves like GMM GRAMMY OFFICIAL, SmallroomOfficial and BelieveRecordsTube. Perhaps, they can't stop other people to make illegal copies; alternatively, uploading new songs allow them to become popular as many people are able to listen music without paying money.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.