Monday 2 May 2016

Feem's favorite work of art

One of my favorite works of art is the architecture of the EiffelTower which is located in Paris, France. Three years ago, I went to visit Paris with my friends for several days, and at first time when I looked at it, it was more amazing than what I expected. It is actually rather big, but seems small while seeing from a far distance. The design is somewhat excellent since it looks complex and well-structured. Its color also surprises me as well. In general, I realize that it is gold as I often see from photos on internet, books, and magazines. As a matter of fact, it is brownish, not bright gold. Furthermore, while waiting in line to see the tower closely, it seemed that it was not metallic but wooden. Surprisingly enough, I and my friends all thought in the same way. During taking a photo with it, we were enjoyed acting like we could touch it when we were far from the tower. That made us look as big as or even bigger than the tower visually. It is a technique that most tourists tend to do by means of creatively posting together with their camera's functions. 

Plus, there are special lifts for visitors who want to go up the Eiffel tower to see the scenery of the town from every angle--it's not free. You can see a spectacular viewpoint from the Eiffel tower on the different floors; however, we did not go up. Instead, we walked around that area until almost midnight to see the light effects on the Eiffel tower. That is what I have never seen before from any sources until I came there. The light show suited the tower wonderfully; it looked more marvelous than the one without light. Eventually, I got the tiny tower key chain rings as my own memorial souvenir and gave them to other friends as well as my family.

9 comments:

  1. I think this architecture is very beautiful in the picture. I have never been to Paris, so I do not know what the real Eiffel tower looks like. But I think it might be wonderful.

    This remind me of the time I experienced Fujisan which is the most beautiful mountain in Japan. I had never thought that this mountain was very stunning in the photo but when I saw it with my eyes, it make me understand the word "breathtaking".

    If the Eiffel tower looks so beautiful in the picture, it will be worth experiencing with my own eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you study in England, I believe you would have good time travelling European countries. It’s a great experience in your life if you see the world in different aspects, specifically for western cultures and styles.

      I've never been to Japan before as well. To tell the truth, I wanna go there and have experience like your feeling.

      Delete
    2. I think I will try to manage time to go to European countries. And I really recommend Japan to you, especially if you love Japanese food like me.

      Delete
  2. I wish I would be there someday to see how the parisian plan their city. Actually, I also interest in Louvre Museum a little bit more than Eiffel tower. However, This is a tourist attraction that everyone should no matter you like it or not, right?

    I wonder how the people in that century reacted to it. It totally change the city's horizon. That's very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. In fact, I have also visited the Louvre Museum; the bad news is that you have to pay its entry fee. There are tons of fantastic art works in different periods. You can spend whole day admiring and studying such works with great pleasure. It is worth paying money to visit there. The masterpiece you must see it is the painting Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci. If you are a big fan of artworks, you shouldn’t miss this place. It’s extremely good.

      Delete
  3. I'm very surprised because the EiffelTower is made of metal, this is my misunderstanding. Thus, I believe constructors might use special wood or durable wood that enables the EiffelTower to be stable for a long time.

    In terms of taking photos with the EiffelTower, I see some of my friends when they go to Paris, the first one they do is taking photos with the EiffelTower. Moreover, they take photos with it and enjoy acting, such as touching it or jumping higher than its height.

    My buddies told me on the top of the EiffelTower, you would see fantastic scenery that you didn't forget it surely. Therefore, if I have chances to go abroad, I may go to Paris to see the marvellous scenes on the EiffelTower and take great selfies with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry, Chan. I might not write it clearly. You actually do not misunderstand; it was made of wrought iron. But it seems the Eiffel tower was wooden when looking at it closely due to its color and no luster like wood.

      I think you will have an opportunity to travel abroad for sure. Hopefully, the Eiffel tower and even the other places in Paris would appeal to you.

      Yet, it might be helpful to know in advance that French people seem to not like speaking English. Oh my goodness!!!

      Delete
  4. I wish that once i could be able to go and visit the Eiffel tower. It's a beautiful architecture, also it took so long to built it up. It's one of the most amazing 7 things in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.