Friday 27 March 2009

Death link to too much red meat


In “Death link to too much red meat”, BBC news report that people who ate high proportion of red or processed meat had higher risk of death than people who ate the least7
Meat contained large amount of saturated fat that caused breast and colorectal cancer. Also, higher meat intake was risk factors of heart disease, including higher blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Conversely, eating white meat could slightly reduce risk of fatal cancer or heart disease. However, Dr Mark Wahlqvist, a nutrition expert from Australia's Monash University, said “eating small amounts of red meat - around 30g a day - provided a good source of key nutrients”.

How do you feel in this article? Would you like to change your habit of eating meat?

References

Death link to too much red meat.(2009, March 25),BBC News,Retrieved March 27,2009 from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7959128.stm

6 comments:

  1. I think, every food is cause of disease if consuming them too much even soy bean and soy milk. It's rich of nutrients but if we eat to much, it can cause of cancer as well.

    For me, I don't worry, because I usually eat fish. I love to eat fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for me, i not going to stop eating meat because meats also provide our body. by read this article, i'll reduce some of meat in each meal because meat is saturated fat and colorectal cancer because i'm still young, i want to live as long as possible!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day, almost I like eating meat because I think meat is good taste and smells good when you cook it. Moreover it has high protein and body want it. When I read this article. I still eat meat but may be less because meat has saturated fat that caused breast, colorectal cancer, heart disease and including higher blood pressure and cholesterol levels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I surprise to hear that because I usually eat red meat . I think , I am not change to eat meat but change to eat increase vegetable. Eating too much of red meat that caused cancer but vegetarian is cause of cancer too. Eating balance is a best way to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are many cause of cancer disease such as smoke, alcohol beverage, genetic and grilled meal. I cann't avoid all cause of cancer. May be I think that diease come from god give some people. I hope the god don't give that disease. My believe should balance eating in each nutrient food and control emotion. That's good way preventing from cancer disease.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.