Wednesday 4 March 2009

Mi's introduction

My name is Michiyo Nishimaki. I am Japanese. I have been in Thailand for one year and half. That's why my husband is working in Bangkok.
I majored in sociology, especially Japanese women's labor problem, at my university. I really enjoyed my studying. The deeper and deeper I reserched about the old systems and unchanged situations, the more and more I found it difficult for women to work in Japan. But I had a lot of opptunities to know a lot of attractive women who are working among the hard conditions.
I have a huge complex that I can't speak and listen English. I am always nervous when I speak out my opinion in front of my classmate.I have two goals in this class.
1)I am trying to speak out my opinion with confidence even though it is correct or not. I expect to discuss with you a lot.
2)I am also trying to speak clearly. My accent and pronunciation is quite different from native speaker. I have Japanese particular accents a lot. If you do not understand what I speak, please tell me. I would like to correct mine and make you understand.
In my free time, I read two Japanese newspaper in Japanese. Sometimes I try to read them in English. It is necesarry to know what is happenning now from various points of views.
Anyway, I would like to know you more.

1 comment:

  1. And sociology is a welcome addition to the range of academic backgrounds in our class.

    I love your points 1. and 2. Both are excellent, and I hope you take the opportunity to continue practising them as well as you have the past three days. As you've probably noticed, although it's a reading and writing class, we spend most of our time in class talking and listening, which is pretty much what goes on at universities as well. The reading and writing is what people are judged on at university, but in lectures and seminars, it's largely talking and listening about the reading and writing.
    We will do some reading and writing in class, especially grammar points, but most reading and writing can usually be done more productively outside of class, which is why we have homework most days.

    And I promise, if I'm not clear about something you say, because of your accent or for any other reason, I will usually let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.