Monday 30 March 2009

Video games 'can improve vision'


In "Video games 'can improve vision' ", Playing action video games can enhance an aspect of adult vision previously thought to be fixed, a US study shows. Researchers found playing the games improved the ability to notice even very small changes in shades of grey against a uniform background. It can also be affected by conditions, for example amblyopia, known as "lazy eye". Lead researcher Dr Daphne Bavelier told that it was likely that several aspects of playing video games combined to produce the beneficial effect. Players were bound up the games in an environment where they had to be constantly ready to react to unpredictable events, and where visual information had to be responded to instantly in very precise physical ways. In addition, the mere fact that the games were stimulating and rewarding should not be overlooked.


Have you ever had an experience that playing action video game had helped you?

__________

Reference

Video games 'can improve vision'  (2009, March 29). BBCNews. Retrieved March 30,2009 from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7967381.stm

5 comments:

  1. I have ever an experience that playing action game is “audition dance game online”. It very fun and everyone can play it because “audition dance game online” is description about dancing , choose music for dance, choose cloth for a person dances and that an importance most, we can build a room for group myself and suggest your friend come to dance together. I think, this game is very good for me because it easier to play and get to relax from music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to play game because it make me relax and fun. Also, Playing games help me be patient and be calm down. When I am loosed, I don't stop. I try to play it again and again until I will be winner. If I am rash and cannot control my emotion during the game, I and still be looser. Thus, if I want to win , I have to tolerate and calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think playing the game has pros and cons.The advantages are making you feel relaxed and enjoy. However, if you spend lot of time that makes you lose time to do another activity such as doing homework. Moreover,it may cause stress and you don't know yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, i'm sorry. i don't think playing video game can be improved the ability because everytime i played game, i always feel qualm during play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my view. I don't think video game can be improved vision because it look like to use internet. I look at the monitor long time. I feel fatique and then my eye need to rest by sleeping. If I want to improve ability of vision, I'll to play table tenin more than play video game.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.