Tuesday 24 March 2009

Pink elephant is caught on camera



In northern Botswana, a wildlife cameraman took pictures of a herd of elephants. He surprised in these pictures because he found a pink baby elephant. "Experts believe it is probably in albino, which is an extremely rare phenomenon in African elephants" Ecologist Dr Mike Chase said " this is the first documented sighting of an albino elephant in northern Botswana." and he said It's difficult to survive in the harsh African bush because the glaring sun may detroy its skin and eyes. If it wants to survive,it'll hide under the large trees in the afternoon.
In my opinion,This found surprise for me and I think it may mistake from genetic of elephant or the world's environment have changed.

Do you surprise in the pink baby elephant? In your opinion,how did it happen?


__________


References
Morelle,R .(2009 March 20). Pink elephant is caught on camera .BBC NEWS. Retreived March 24,2009 From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7951331.stm

7 comments:

  1. I think that surprise for me but I don't know why it happened. It may mistake from some DNA or genetic like albinism. It should be take care more than others. The ecologist or biologist should research and preserve from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am suprised at it because I have ever looked pink animals, not white. It could happened mutation evolution although I have little knowledge of biology. I am anxcious about the elepant because it is quite different from other elepant. It is outstanding, so it will be targeted by carnivorous animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, it maybe that elephant was dyed by cameraman!? ,lol.

    Just kidding ^^..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so strange, and I think the reason is mistake in ADN form the parent elephant. Maybe when this baby grows up it will be change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think, it's not very surprise for me. if we compare the human baby and elephant baby when the mother to give the birth to babies. we can see baby is pink colour, but when the baby grew up, why they change the colour of skin ? so, i think, when elephant's baby grow up maybe it can be chang, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very surprise for me.I have ever looked only pink whale.In my opinion,it could happen from DNA of parent or happened from eating something and have effect for son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel that 's varities generation. I mean that can born different parent because DNA weak gene. I think an albino elephant in northern Botswana has short live expectancy It looks like spicial children who born different parent.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.