Monday 16 August 2010

Depression Make You Lose Your Smell!

As I forgot to post new blog report on 12 August, 2010. Today I would like to present an affect of depression that state in “Depression dulls sense of smell” in New Scientist news.
The research of forty-two volunteers, a half is depression and the others are non-depression, by researcher at the University of Dresden Medical School in Germany show that depressive people have the sense of smell smaller than normal about 15 per cent.
Depression and stress might be major cause of mental illness such as schizophrenia. I do not think so with the new, I think that only 42 volunteers can not conclude that lose of smell cause from depress because my own experience when I depress or stress with a work or a final examination, but I still feel good smell sense.

Reference
Depression dulls sense of smell (2010, August 12). New Scientist News. Retrieved August 16, 2010 from http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19305-depression-dulls-sense-of-smell.html

1 comment:

  1. Maybe 15 per cent loss in the sense of smell can not make us noticeable. One thing I remember when I get depress is I feel bored with the foods, but I hunger for sweet snack instead.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.