Thursday 5 August 2010

MATH's news of the (2) day (ago).

Although I'm confident that this topic isn't everyone interested topic, but for me it is easy to write. So today I will start with Premier League defends its corner.

FYI: In last summer English's national football team knocked out with score of 4-1 in second round of World Cup 2010 at South Africa by German's. One of the culprits of their failure is the Premier League (a top English professional league for association football clubs in England football system).

This news is about Premier League tried to defend themselves by showing some information about their youth development plan. What is the problem to develop the youth. A new "Home-Grown" plan. But there is no conclusion in both issue "Is the Premier League wrong?" and "How can England team get stronger?"

In my opinion (I really love this phase!!!), I think the Premier League isn't wrong. They have to survive in business war. What they did is just made them stronger and more interesting by import foreign football star players, and that is a successive way because now they are No.1 football league in the world. Maybe English's supporter and media are over-expect in their team. Although they have 2 strongest midfielders, 2 strongest central defenders, best forward, and one of the most experienced manager, it not enough because many of England players are not "A-class" players and many of them are just substitution players when they are at their clubs. Moreover the last one that they don't have, and it is the most important, is luck.

__________
References

Scudamore jumps to Premier League's defence.(2010, August 3). BBC News. Retrieved 21:52, August 5, 2010, from http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/davidbond/2010/08/is_the_premier_league_responsi.html.

Germany-England - The matches of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa. (2010, June 27). FIFA.com. Retrieved 21:09, August 5, 2010, from http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=249717/match=300061501/index.html.

Premier League. (2010, August 5). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 13:57, August 5, 2010, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Premier_League&oldid=377236971

2 comments:

  1. Math,
    How did that rather odd looking formatting arise?
    In my opinion (I use this phrase too at times), it would be easier to read with the normal paragraph formatting that does not align both sides of the text, but only the left, which is what I also ask you to use for the academic assignments.

    But I enjoyed reading your post. Football doesn't excite me, but in your response you made some comments that I agree with, such as the practical reasons that justify the importing of players. I also like your final commment: that luck often plays a significant role in the outcome of events.

    It's a well done 1st post: well organized, easy to follow and interesting, even for those of us like me who are not interested in football.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Peter.

    Sorry about the formatting, I use this type of format because when I write my bachelor's thesis, my adviser advised me to use and it look really well with Thai.

    From now on, I will use left alignment for work. Excuse for my previous work too.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.