Sunday 3 May 2015

Adults Education

Are you boring about studying in rooms with teachers, professors, books, and whiteboard in the specific life span? When you are getting older, do you still study?

According to an article "Cooking and music 'are top skills UK adults want to learn’"(2015) from the BBC News, found that 39% of adults would like to learn how to cook better, and 23% would like to learn a musical instrument. This information was from the research in The NIACE (The National Institute of Adult Continuing Education) festival of learning that presents about many adults want to learn the new thing and they need help to take steps to find where and how to learn.

I choose this article because I heard many people said that they were older to learn. I think this will encourage you to do a new thing. Even though it’s hard to start on something, but when you can start, that mean you can continue. 

In my opinion, we have to learn all life. Every day we always learn the new things - by intention, and by fortuity – because the environment that contains of people and places changes all time.

Furthermore, Learning the new thing is trial and error, which is the one thing that we do every time. For example, before you can drive car perfectly, you have to try about the weight of your foot, how to make a turn, how to notice the environment around you. All of them take time and experiences to know what is the right thing to do.

So, let’s decide what is the first thing you want to do and you have never done it before. Then, go out and do it!
__________

Reference
Burns, J. (2015, April 28). Cooking and music 'are top skills UK adults want to learn’. BBC News Education. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/education-32487385

17 comments:

  1. I really want to study cooking but I'm not usually do it because I don't have much time.I think this article urges me to find something that I like and I can do it well so I will go shopping and cookong some yummy meal tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your food will be great. I will wait for eating it :)

      Delete
  2. In my opinion, continuing to do something is more difficult than starting a new one because your determination and endurance will be put to test when a difficulty arises and you're suffering from the hardship. When you don't have any obligation to continue, it's very tempting and easy to quit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of many people that love to learn about practical subject, not academic subject like Mathematics and Science. I think when people learned something that they want, they would have a encouraging and motivation to learn this skill. It make them happy with learning

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your blog,I feel really motivated about learning something new and I think, I'm going to take a waltz lesson soon after this semester at AUA is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The waltz lesson that you mean is a kind of dancing? That sound very interesting!

      Delete
  5. For me, I prefer cooking or music as a hobby because i think it's a flexible thing and we dont have to take it seriously like Physics or Maths. i think i may be happier if i can try cooking by myself without instructor's guide cause it will be more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think everyone fill his relaxed time with some hobby or activities including cooking and learning to play musical instruments as you said that is the two most famous. But for me, I like to read some book about thought and biography and play sports is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my view, I agree that no one is too old to learn but honestly when you are getting old, your memory is quite not the same. You may find it is harder to remember somethings. And also as your health, this might be the obstacle to do some extreme activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It sometimes takes me seconds now for a fact I want to come to mind. A few days ago, I wanted the name of the Jason Bourne star, and my mind didn't tell me for seconds!
      I'm sure that when I was younger, it worked faster.

      Delete
  8. I think that nothing comes easy; it's come from starting and keep doing this. When I studied at my university, I learnt a lot of new drugs to cure the disease; however, when I have worked, other new drugs launch all the time. A thing I have to do is that I have to update my knowledge and find new information all the time. Therefore, studying in classroom is just one part of your life, but in fact, you must learn and find new things throughout your life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really appreciated that you choose this article and give your motivational prospective. Although we can learn all our life, the time is still not enough. It is possibly responsibility that limit what we should give a priority to,so it seem sad when we see a chance to do but do not have time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy that my article give you a motivation and I agree with you that life is too short to learn all thing that I want. So, get the most out of life!

      Delete
    2. I agree with Pui. Learning it great and your chosen article to respond to is highly motivating.
      This term, I'm learning how to use Google's Classroom, and I've been brushing up my old MS Access skills in a very small way.

      In the meantime, I think I'm forgetting how to cook - apart from a scrambled egg for breakfast and a few other very simple dishes, I almost never cook these days. I have a nice collection of pots and pans that are just gathering dust.

      Delete
    3. I'm very surprised that you've just learned to use Google's Classroom this term. I think that you've used it before. This is my first time to use it too. I think it makes us more convenient. :)

      Delete
  10. Mainly to keep learning and to explore new areas, I've done a couple of courses with Coursera, which offers massive open online courses (MOOC) from top university around the world. If your looking for something fun and challenging to productively fill in a few hours of daily free time for a couple of months, you might like to have a look at the wide selection of academic courses Coursera offers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a new website for me. I opened it and I found that it teach about fundamentals of music theory. I personally study about classical music. Its very interesting!

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.