Wednesday 13 May 2015

No Have Window 11 Any Longer

Nothing is certain; everything can change if it's a suitable time to get a better thing. Nowadays, technology is almost part of our life since we can't deny that we don't use smartphone, electronic machines, or even computer. Most technologies will be filled up by a lot of functions to able to operate effectively.

In the article, “Microsoft to stop producing Windows versions” (2015) in BBC News, the author states that “the last version of the dominant desktop software” is “Windows 10” that is the last “stand-alone versions of the operating system” since it causes many problems compared to a new version; however, "Microsoft will have to work hard to keep generating updates and new features”

I heard the story before picking this article up; however, it doesn't clear until I read the article. I understand that it doesn't mean permanently stop producing; on the other hands, it will be improved on the better way. When I was young, I heard DOS, Windows 95, Windows 97, and so on that showed me kinds of new function in new software. When new Window have already launched, I will update my computer soon. Even though, I always find out problems of the new Windows; for example, Windows 7, it made my computer slow and difficult to open programs; opening the programs took more time. I don't like it until Window 8 have come to solve the problem. I think that Windows 8 is better than before; in addition, I can download more applications that looks like applications on my iPhone. Not at all, Windows system can perfectly link to some OS like Mac OS so I think this is another problem to change into new version. Windows is stand-alone system that is quite difficult to join another software.

In addition, as far as I'm concerned, one of the problems that Microsoft is facing is copying of Window. The new version, not Windows, may solve the problem because programmers will find a new ways in which hackers would imitate more difficult. Besides, I think that a new version is a new strategy of Microsoft's marketing because most people have to pay attention to what Microsoft is creating after Windows 10 and no one know what to call the new version.

Finally, the developing is to link to the OS in the better ways that it makes us to do work easier. Nowadays, Mac OS is more popular and is interfering Microsoft market; therefore, it's time to change for Microsoft to be able to competitive with each other. Last but not least, I think that the benefits still belong to users.

Reference
Microsoft to stop producing Windows versions. (2015, May 8). BBC News Technology. Retrieve from http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32658340




10 comments:

  1. I think this is sensible of MS. I've used Windows for years now, from the clunky old Windows 2.0 or some such ancient thing, to the current 8.1 on my notebook.

    I'm looking forward to the roll out of WIndows 10, and end of major updates, with them being replaced by constant smaller upgrades to bits of the OS. I've also subscribed to the last and latest version of MS Office, and I think it's brilliant that the updates are constant, and that all my work is online; yesterday, for example, I worked on a file for my afternoon class on my notebook during my short lunch break. When I got home, I continued work on the same document from by desktop computer. And I'm hoping that soon all of my devices will allow me to do this - I can open my MS files on my phone, but can't edit them there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope so. I faced the problem like you. Opening MS office on my iPhone or my notebook sometimes are different such as font, size of font, arrangement so on my iPhone I just open to see it and correct my mistake or some points on my notebook. If new version that is coming improves the problem, it's easier to do work. However, I faced a problem in which file was done on my iPad or iPhon via applications couldn't open when I sent it to email.

      Delete
  2. I've heard about this news before too and it is not surprise me much. I think from Windows 95 to Windows XP to Windows 7 is not have many different things. It design is similar to each other but the different things are function and capacity. However, in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, It is different from other version in many think such as design and function. Now, I use Windows 7 for my laptop and it is good for me. I hope Microsoft to develop Windows 10 to be the best version that can satisfy everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree with you. I found out that Window 7 is the turning point of Window that is quite different from previous version.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear that. I do agree with you that Windows 8 is the best version than Windows 7.

    When i installed Windows 7 in my laptop, it had had many problems. For examples, my laptop hanged up when i ran C language and it took my laptop so slow. I had to format and installed Windows 7 again. After I changed to use Windows 8, my laptop have had no problem.

    In my opinion, I do like Windows Xp because I think it is quite stable version and also less problems. Another version, I do like Windows Vista because the graphic in this version is quite good and beautiful when you play online game such as Final fantasy, Warcraft, Dot A.

    Even if both Windows Xp and Windows vista have no longer but I still like it. I do hope that new coming version of Windows would better than the last version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so. For me I prefer Windows 8 more than previous Windows because it's colorful and there're many application to use it; when I took the TOEFL exam, I could download Flashcard program into my notebook. It's quite useful for me; however, I can't deny that there's no any problem. The problem is still; for instance, when I wanted to open my picture, it took more time to open it. Another problem is that it takes many steps to open programs; I have to click back to my homepage and slide my cursor to find the program; on the other hand, previous Windows like Window XP I couldn't see the problem; I could find it on desktop screen.

      Delete
  4. I also had a problem with window 7 , after that I changed to use window XP again. That made me concern about compatible file with different versions of Microsoft but it could be compatible: I have to admire Microsoft 'programmers that not change too much. Pn the other hand, new functions can provide many usefulness that let I work with faster. All of them make me realize that every new thing has both advantage and disadvantage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Window 7 is a turning point of program development so we may be less familiar with the new program. However, I hope as you that next Window will be developed into the best Window in which we can use it easier than before.

      In addition, I have seen the development of MS like MS word, MS excel in which it is very useful for me and I can control organization and arrangement of documents easily. However, sometimes I face the problem about saving; for example, MS word 2010 can't compatible with MS word 2003 so I always change the surname of the file to be able to open on any computers comfortably.

      Delete
  5. Actually I'm Mac user so i don't know much about how this window is better than that window or anything I just use my PC for gaming and painting only, anyway I have to make a comment here so that it will decrease the amount of comments that I have piled up since last Thursday.
    then I just need to comment something about windows here right?
    Well um.... my house has a lot of windows and I like window 8 a lot because I don't have to wash it clean like the window in my room.
    4 comments to go now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To click or not to click, that is the question -
      So thinks the teacher, the cursor hov'ring over "Delete."

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.