Thursday 21 May 2015

On Zayn Malik's decision

A few months ago, there was the breaking news about One Direction, the famous British boy band. One of the five members, Zayn Malik, announced to left the band during the world tour to be a normal 22-year-old boy, but he broke his word and became a solo artist which disappointed his fan and created a big drama.

In “Louis on Zayn row: 'All good in the hood'”(2015) reports that Zayn Malik, the former member of One Direction, and One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson are “on good terms now” after they had a little fight in twitter. In addition, although the members are disappointed about Zayn’s decision, they wish him best luck in his future career.


I have to say that I’m a really big fan of One Direction, and I also disappoint in Zayn. I understand that he was not happy working in the band and wanted to have a normal life; no camera, no paparazzi and having privacy; this is what he said in the interview. In reality, he goes to work with Naughty boy to focus on his solo. The point is he is liar and he breaks his own word. I think it must be better if he tell us the truth at first.

Another drama point about Zayn’s leaving is he left when the bang are on the world tour, the biggest world tour they ever had, On the Road Again Tour. This tours have seven legs; Australia, Asia, South Africa, Middle East, Europe, North America, and UK & Ireland. Zayn announced his departure on the Asia leg; he went back to UK calming that he was so stressful and then officially quitted. I think he made a very selfish decision leaving the band; he didn't care about the other four, the people behind this work, the damage that will happen, and he ignored his responsibility although he had to pay some compensation for the damage.

Actually, there is a rumor for a while about the solo plan of each member because the lifetime of a boy band is limited, and the recent contract will be expired in a few months. Therefore, I’m not understand why he wanted to pay a lot of money to left the band while the contract is almost ended. It’s weird, isn't it?

Finally, Although One Direction continues as a fourpiece, I think that the fans will support them as always. And I really hope that they will have a world tour again. I will buy a front row ticket if they come to Thailand next time.
__________
Reference
Louis on Zayn row: 'All good in the hood'.(2015, May 17). BBC NewsbeatRetrieved from http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32748611/louis-on-zayn-row-all-good-in-the-hood

4 comments:

  1. I honestly know nothing about this band, but seem to recall having skipped over headlines recently that suggest some other scandal with this guy. Is that right? Or maybe it was another star in a different band I know nothing about.

    He does look pretty in Jin's first photograph. I wonder if my nieces (almost teens now) are also fans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about this band much; however, I like their song very much such as What make you beautiful, One thing and You&I. For this case, I don't know reason in depth, so I think might be he doesn't mean to lie to everyone may be he might have some problem which cannot tell everyone. And I agree with Jin that I think One direction fans have still support their favourite band for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the past, about 2-3 years, I am one of this band fans. I think their song is very attractive and melodic; What Makes You Beautiful, One Thing and Live While We're Young. But now, I don't trace them anymore so, I have no idea about this news. However, I think it is unfortunate if we lost a band that can sing a great song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you could say that they are not going in...
    ( •_•) ⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    "One Direction" anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.