Thursday 7 May 2015

Easy Puzzle Game

When you were a child, you used to play some puzzle games such as crossword, memory and match and very popular one, Sudoku, which is very hard and challenging puzzle. Parents take their children to do these puzzle games for entertaining and developing their children brain.

In “Singapore PM shares code for Sudoku puzzle solver”(2015), BBC News reported that Lee Hsien Loong, Singapore's prime minister, had written the computer program that use to solve Sudoku puzzle with C++ language, which is a basic language in computer programming and widely use in 40 years ago. Furthermore, he revealed his work on Facebook and led thousands people to comment to his code.


If my memory is right, I remember that I first do Sudoku puzzle, which is a puzzle that you must fill the number in the 9x9 table and make it doesn't have the same number in any row and column, when I was 12 years old in my cell phone game and I think it is very hard to solve this puzzle although I play it in easy level. Now, I can play Sudoku puzzle in easy level in a minute and in medium level in several minutes. However in hard level, I can solve it but it takes one hour or more.

I have an experience in computer programming with C++ language. Computer language is much more complex than human language because computer can’t think by itself. So, I really know that it is very tired and difficult to write computer program although it is basic program such as sorting number program. But, Mr. Lee said that this is pretty basic computer program; moreover, he wrote this program without any bug. It shows that Singapore has intelligent leader.

Do you think that our world paces very fast? From small island, Singapore become the best in Technology and programming.

__________
Reference
"Singapore PM shares code for Sudoku puzzle solver". (2015, May 5). BBC News Technology. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32591984

10 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! I do agree with you that Singapore is the best developed country because earlier it is just a small island and it used to be a British colony. After Singapore became independent from the United Kingdom in 1963 then Singapore had developed their country to became a powerful country where has a strong economic and also the one of the world's major commercial hubs.

    Moreover, Singapore is the country in Southeast Asia which has no corruption and their government concern about the education of their people. This is why Singaporean students consistently rank in the top five in the world in the two major international assessments of mathematics and science knowledge. I have no wonder why the leader of Singapore is too intelligent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting! I do agree with you that Singapore is the best developed country because earlier it is just a small island and it used to be a British colony. After Singapore became independent from the United Kingdom in 1963 then Singapore had developed their country to became a powerful country where has a strong economic and also the one of the world's major commercial hubs.

    Moreover, Singapore is the country in Southeast Asia which has no corruption and their government concern about the education of their people. This is why Singaporean students consistently rank in the top five in the world in the two major international assessments of mathematics and science knowledge. I have no wonder why the leader of Singapore is too intelligent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right. Singapore has admirable leader and good government. This small country, therefore, can develop in every field very fast. And I am quite sure that this small island is going to be one of great power nation.

    One thing that I like in this country is traffic. There is no traffic congestion while I traveled around this island. Compare with other country such as China and South Korea, there are some traffic jam in rush hour. In Thailand, there is traffic jam all day long, particularly in city center. I think, development of public transportation can solve this problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've ever been to Singapore before. If it is like you say, Singapore is convenient country and I want Thailand to be like this. I hate traffiic jam in Thailand so much

      Delete
  4. Sudoku is the popular game which is good for your thinking system. My friend had a sudoku book,and she always think about the game. Then, she told me that it's very good , it force you to think carefully. Now, she study in medicine, she is very smart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have experienced computer programming, in python and C++. I totally agree with you that one who can write a complex computer program without any bug must be very intelligent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This news makes me know that how useful of C++ language which I never pay attention to it in class at all because it is hard and also boring to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you realize that, you should concentrate and pay attention to this subject now because it is very useful thing.

      Delete
  7. I never learned C++ but I've learned python. Though they are not the same language, I think the difficulty might be the same. Writing it without bug won't definitely happened with me. It's too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wrote about Singapore article last week and read Jinn's article about Singapore last two weeks. I have found out that this country is very amazing and I am admired the leader Lee. For puzzle game, when I was young, I liked to play it such crossword, 24, match, and so on, but I never played Sudoku game as you. The puzzle game made me calculate fast and made me love mathematics. However, I think program C is quite difficult and programmers have to work very hard to create computer programs.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.