Friday 15 May 2015

Take it to the Max

Back to the time when I was a kid, the only source of entertainment in the house that I had that day was a television with satellite network called UBC(nowadays it's called True-vision ),.I  remembered at that time I wasn't able to understand english language at all, yet, I still love to watch a movie even if I had no clues about what are they talking at all, and then one day the movie called Mad Max 2 showed up out of no where, and that's the beginning for my fascination with post-apocalyptic world.

The movie Mad Max is returning back on the silver screen after 30 years, still it is doubtable that will the director George Miller able to make it better than the original? find out in "Does Mad Max: Fury Road take it to the max?" with the verdict by Nicholas Barber.

The theme of post-apocalyptic world is very fascinating for me, and also for the others who love the savaged civilisation with everything for taking for the sake of survival. Imagine that you are a free people, free to wear anything you like, free to eat whatever there is(even human), and free to do anything you want to do, and just imagine that you are a vagabond traveling around the ruined world left by the nuclear war, seeing what it is and remembering what it was, such a wonderful nostalgic feeling that it would be; however, I would like to take no part in that sh*ts, because I would already be dead the moment i step out of my house, sorry for being such a fragile boy who can't live in such a harsh world,but I still love to fantasize about it sometimes.

For me, Mad Max is not just a movie series of post-apocalyptic, but it is  a  foundation of many post-apocalyptic theme works such as "Hokuto no ken" a.k.a. "Fist of the north star" it is a manga that base on the same theme, but in the world of "Fist of the north star" it is all about fighting hand to hand combat that so unreal on another level to the max... No! not just to the max but it's beyond the Max!!
 imagine that there is a punching technique that is beyond striking a fist in the face of your enemy and burst out a skull, this sh*t is so unreal beyond that, like there is a technique that when the user touch the body of the opponents by just the fingertip, and then they feel happy and twist their body to the death or just poking somebody so fast and then 3 seconds they are dead or even a fist technique
that use feet instead!!!, and that's not all of it yet.

Another one is Fall Out a RPG game series of wasted land survival influenced by post-war culture of 1950 which is also my favourite kind of game and world, in the world of Fall out you will have to survive and die trying to save the world you are in or perhaps destroy it at your own will, who's care?, the mood in the game is so retro even if it is set on during 22nd - 23rd centuries where the technology is advance, but still fits in with the world. In this game not only you have to fight your way out with the savaged bandits but also a large mutant brute and a little bit of ghouls (people that turned into some kind of zombie during the effects of radiation) and a little bit of mutant animals and also little bit of soldier of the conclave army, strange things always happen in wasted land so be ware and be ready for it.

Do you think you can survive in the post-apocalyptic world, or you would love to get blast from the nuclear bomb before it's happened? Leave a comment below and tell me that when it's all gone,where do you think you would be?

__________
Reference
Barber,N. (2015, May 14). Does Mad Max: Fury Road take it to the max?. BBC Culture. Retrived from http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20150514-does-mad-max-take-it-to-the-max

3 comments:

  1. If post-apocalyptic world is same like you said or Fall out game, I would not like to live in that time; however, I might be dead during the war. I just imagine that there are a lot of strange and dangerous species, ruins and remains of destroyed building in such world, how can normal people live? I mean if people don't know fighting or don't have any power. And people have to be already to fight all the time, I guess. For me, I think that even if I can survive from war, I cannot survive from such world definitely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I won't be able to survive in that world too, but still it should worth a try though. Hey!When that time comes how about we meet and die together then. lol

      Delete
  2. Mad Max? That's going back a bit. I can't remember how long, but I was still a student, and that's not recent.
    I think I saw the first in the series, but even thought it was shot in Australia, it didn't excite me very much - the story was just too silly. The story of the Terminator films might also be a bit incredible, but once the machines are granted, it follows reasonably, except that the humans really should have more easily exterminated.

    All I remember of Mad Max today is the theme song to one of the films, sang, I think, by Tine Turner: "We Don't Need Another Hero." That was quite catchy, and comes to mind even decades later.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.