Wednesday 13 May 2015

Immigrant's Destiny in Malaysia


In this morning today,Peter gave me some interesting example of formality which was about Rohingya people who are the immigrants from Burma and go to other countries for better lives. However, it's not only them to find a better chances,but the immigrants in Malaysia also ask for their right from the government by exchange it with their cheap salary for being labors.


In this article, "The plight of children of immigrants in Malaysia" in BBC News, the reporter interviewed many immigrant people from Philippines and Indonesia who are the workers in Malaysia about their dreams in this country ,and the responses from them are that they want to be a legal citizen so they can get the rights for their lives same as local people because in Malaysia , it has a lot of rules for immigrants. For example,the government tried to limit the number of immigrants ,so.the labors are not allow to have families, another example is their children can't access to government school or in serious cases, they may not have birth certificates here and everyone want them to leave the country or being worker with cheap salary forever.

When I read this article, it remind me that no one want to leave their homeland ,but sometimes, it has no choice in our lives, and even if it has a lot of obstacles ,we have to try it best for ourselves and our families with hopes to find the better lives. I'm not sure why they decide to be the immigrants ,they may escape from poverty ,war or natural disaster from their hometown which is hard to stand with and I feel for them very much.




However,when I search the information about immigrant, I found that many people hate them, especially about Rohingya people. They said that people are useless and silly because they didn't study and can't speak  English or the local language and they all agree that they shouldn't response for the refugees because our advantages from the taxes have to divide by the immigrants ,so a progress of country will be decrease. Moreover, they support that the government should block the ways that the refugees can come in to a country because it can destroy human trafficking which protect  poor people aren't beguiled by terrible agent.

Therefore, what do we should do? Stop the human trafficking by not allowing the immigrant or let them go freely. What do you think about it?

__________
Reference
Park J. (2015, May 12). The plight of children of immigrants in Malaysia. BBC News business. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/business-32687113

6 comments:

  1. I think the immigrants are always not bad or useless person; however, the immigrant should follow the law of the country. When I read your article, I think burmeses and loas people who come to our country in order to find a job; however, they is quite legal. The law tells them if they would like to do a job in Thailand, they have to sign their name legally. I think this is not different from the refugees you say; therefore, countries should realize more about human rights and give a chance for every refugees who come to the country legally such as providing food, education because it may lead to a better development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that freer immigration would be better for everyone: for the immigrants and for the nations to which they move. It's hard to believe that people who risk so much and try so hard to escape to a better life are lazy; saying that they are sounds like ugly prejudice to me, and perhaps fear that the hard working immigrants will do better than the lazy, useless people who make hold such immoral beliefs.

    My country, Australia, is barely more than one hundred years old, so if you go back two or three generations most of us are immigrants, some recent and some older. My own ancestors came to Australia 130 years ago, and they were some of the first. I'm very glad that my great grandparents could immigrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you said earlier " Malaysia has a lot of rules for immigrants. For example,the government tried to limit the number of immigrants ,so.the labors are not allow to have families, another example is their children can't access to government school or in serious cases, they may not have birth certificates here and everyone want them to leave the country or being worker with cheap salary forever". I would like to tell you that I agree with this.

    From my point of view, I think we should not let the immigrants come to our country because they might competitive labor market and make people in our country are jobless.

    Especially, in the end of this year, Thailand is going to be a part of AEC, it means that our country might have a high rate of unemployment.

    If you look around in Thailand, we will see a lot of labors from Myanmar, Laos, Cambodian and also Philippines everywhere.

    I might be so mean that I would like to prevent foreign labors to work in Thailand.
    Because i had a bad experience with hiring foreign workers from Myanmar. In that time , they came and stayed in my house for 2 years and I did not know that they are robber. One day,my parents were not at home then they stole everything and they left from my home. The polices could not catch them. I had such a bad time with foreign workers. This is why I do not agree that we should let the immigrants move to our country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aoh's story is not a happy. But I've had Thai people steal from my home, so does that mean I have good reason to distrust and dislike Thai people generally? Should I worry when I leave the classroom that my tablet or something might disappear in my absence?

      And to fill in the picture a bit, when I lived in Sydney, my home was burgled a couple of times, almost certainly be Australians of European descent like myself. That doesn't seem to leave many groups for me to trust.

      In fact, since the only national or ethnic group that has not stolen from me are black skinned people, should I start making plans to move to Nigeria?

      I like Aoh's comment, which is well written and interesting, but I can't agree with the ideas there.

      Unfortunatly, my own dear mother sometimes freely expresses opinions on immigrants to Australia which I find fairly offensive. Since she is my mother, I usually let them pass and ignore her, but sometimes she says something so truly awful that I can't keep my mouth shut. Happily, she doesn't stay angry for too long.

      Delete
  5. I believe that they're really in dire situation which forces them to leave their country in this way, and we should help them as best as we can. Unless we've put ourselves in their shoes, we shouldn't hesitantly make a judgement upon them.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.