Saturday 9 May 2015

Character through logo

What make you trust in a brand? , What make you recognize the brand? And What is main factor which make you decide to buy its product?

In How important is it for a company to have a great logo?” (2015), BBC News reported that there are many companies spending a lot of money creating their commercial logos because the logos are the way to communicate with customers. On the other hand, companies should not only focus on logo in order to there are many elements which directly provide consumers’ need.

A great logo can be recognizable and maintain the brand has awareness in market. However, it cannot make sure that customers will buy products. This is a big problem for marketers who have to create the way to attract customers, not only sell their product but also make their brand be the top of customers’ mind.

I ask myself why I directly choose a product from a full products- shelf. Do I choose it from logo or package or benefit? I found that all of them are just elements which I look at when I go shopping. The main reason is I accustom to use it and it still provides its benefit well. That let me know the reason why many products in same shelf have similar package and logo because they can make customers confuse and might be bought instead. I wonder that big producers want to have a great logo, then other producers especially house brand of retailers try to imitate it to catching share market.


By the way, logo is important because it can provide a message which let customers know the product deeper. For example, what product is, how it work, how it is different from others and so on.  The consumers can know that massage through nice element of the logo, so I believe that it gives designer a hard time to make it as a good commercial logo.

“People assess you not on the strength of your logo, but on the quality of your product or service.” Commonly, we spend money buying product not logo, so others elements such as quality, package, advertisement and service might be main factor which make people buy product.
Do you look at logo of product when you go shopping?
__________
Reference
Shadbolt, P. (2015, May 7). How important is it for a company to have a great logo? BBC News business. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/business-32495854

14 comments:

  1. Yes, I look at the logo when I go shopping but it's just a factor for me. When I want to buy something, I will consider about the price, quality and usability. However , logo is the important marketing too, we can see many people buy the product because of it ,such as the logo of Apple company, Chanel, Prada and etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Generally,people buy the luxurious goods because of famous brand which has famous designer or is acceptable

      Delete
  2. Logos don't interest me very much, except that they tell me the name of the producer, and that does interest me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think good logos, I mean well-designed and unique, does not help attract people. But bad logos may negatively affect the brands. For example, if you use logo like McDonald's logo for brand-name cloth, it probably gives bad image to your brand

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree with you that logo is quite important to snatch market share from competitors.

    Logo can tell anything such as what your product ,the story of your brand without requiring any words. It also tells a compelling story about your brand, consistently. It’s how your customers will remember you, and it’s the way you will stand out in a crowded marketplace. It’s how the most beloved brands are born.

    For example, When someone is holding a cup of coffee which the logo is a topless mermaid is called that the Siren, everybody knows immediately that the coffee is bought from Starbucks. This is why a lot of big companies want to create their logos to attract consumers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your example let me think something which is quite different but sounds like yours. I will know that there is a nice restaurant or cafe from someone is holding a cup of coffee or a bag when I go to a new place which I've never gone before, so I will go there immediately

      Delete
  5. I do agree with you that logo is quite important to snatch market share from competitors.

    Logo can tell anything such as what your product ,the story of your brand without requiring any words. It also tells a compelling story about your brand, consistently. It’s how your customers will remember you, and it’s the way you will stand out in a crowded marketplace. It’s how the most beloved brands are born.

    For example, When someone is holding a cup of coffee which the logo is a topless mermaid is called that the Siren, everybody knows immediately that the coffee is bought from Starbucks. This is why a lot of big companies want to create their logos to attract consumers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, logos quite interests me especially in fashion goods like clothes, bags and shoes. I think that brand with attractive logo have more advantages than others that don't. Moreover, good logo can make the products more fascinating like Nike's logo on shoe, Gucci's logo on bag, Rolex's logo on watch, Apple's logo on smart phone, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not agree with you so much. Logos are not important for me. When I want to but something that I do not have any information about it, I will look for popular brand first. I think if people want to buy some product, they will buy the brand that they trust such as Nike, Apple and Fred Perry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your comment, I can infer that you have a loyalty in brand. It is possibly quality of product or CEO make you trust brand.

      Delete
  9. Most products I buy because of theirs quality while some products I buy because of theirs logo especially in popular brands.

    I think created and modern logo of some products attract people to know the brand and buy it; for example, Apple, its logo is an apple picture. I like the logo design and the logo is easy to remember and show the product in which it is Apple brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Apple brand is a good example which show simple logo, recognizable but not related with product.

      Delete
  10. i think its because logos are more easy to recognize and advertise too

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.