Wednesday 10 June 2015

Cooking my favorite dish, Thai sour soup

During this year, I learn how to cook my favorite Thai foods from my mother because I need to do them when I will be studying abroad far away from my lovely home and family. In cooking, I have to plan and do everything from scratch that I start with brainstorming, organizing, drafting, reviewing, revising, and publishing.

The first thing to do is brainstorming with my mother about what should we cook today since there are various kind of Thai foods. And I always cook only something that I really want to eat. After we come up with the conclusion about what I will cook, we then prepare and organize all ingredients required in cooking. Let’s say Thai sour soup, which is my most favorite dish among all. In cooking this soup we need water, dry red chilies, shallots, shrimp paste, tamarind paste, coconut sugar, fish sauce, winter melon or other vegetable that we prefer or being available at the time. Some vegetables are collected from my backyard. Then, we draft and put everything in the pot one by one at the right time. We also review our cooking menu by testing the taste of the soup. Most of the time we cannot just put everything in the cooking container orderly and expect that it will have the same taste or result each time we cook since the taste of fresh ingredients is always volatile according to many factors such as climate and soil in which the vegetables are planted. After reviewing, we revise by putting some ingredients to add some taste until its taste is similar as well as satisfy me.
Finally, the Thai sour soup is ready to be published, served on the table, and eaten by us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.