Tuesday 9 June 2015

Nicha's s academic interest.

Nicha's s academic interest.

I studied in architecture  and urban design when I was studying in university. After I graduated I used to work as an urban designer and I find out that I need to expand my knowledge to other related fields so I have started to learn about urban economics, social sciences and I also start to read some of history of human settlement which help me to understand people who live in the city more. Now my work is all about doing research so my academic interest is expanded wider than before. I have to read everything such as geography, medicine and philosophy.

1 comment:

  1. I always thought the architecture students had to study a wide variety of subjects, and your post here confirms that. When I was at uni. my friends in the faculty of architecture seemed to study everything from engineering to design, to social sciences, as you say.

    It sounds very challenging. I reminds me of some work (now quite old) by economists like Thorstein Veblen who saw cities and so on in what seem to me ways that architects might also consider - relating purpose to design, and form to function.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.