Thursday 11 June 2015

Creating a cat condo

A year ago, pet café was very famous in Bangkok. I have been to a cat café for several times. I found a very interesting plaything for my cat to climb on, sleep and scratch. It’s called cat condo. I wanted one for my cat but the cost is too high. Therefore, my brother and me decided to build a DIY cat condo.


The first step was brainstorming some ideas to build the condo. I searched the building process from an internet which told me such things as what materials and tools to use and how to do it. Next, I observed my cat behavior about what kind of floor that she likes and how high that she can jump. 


After that I organized the materials and tools. I went shopping at Homepro and Daiso shop. I bought a carpet, sisal rope, board, paper pipe and glue.


The next step was drafting. I started by referencing a photo I got from an internet. Then made a quick sketch of what I could do with the materials I had. Then, I built it.

reviewed my cat condo by imagining the corner in my house to place this tower. 

Then I revised the structure of condo by making a few changes. I reduced the height of the tower and added a carpet on the first floor. I also changed its color to match with other furniture in my house. 

Finally, It was ready to publish. I placed it in the living room. My cat was very surprised. It came to explore its new place.  Today, the condo still be her favorite place to sleep and scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.