Tuesday 9 June 2015

Prae's academic interests

   I'm a food technology graduate but I have been interested in music theory since I was young. I started learning Piano when I was 5 and I continuously learn it until today. Music is not only fun subject but it also has reasonable theory to support every sound musicians create.
   Studying music seems to be a relaxed activity for those who do not know music's world. However, learning music can be quite stressful when it comes to its theory. Music has some links between maths and physics. 
    Every note has its own unique frequency. Note keys can be separated by using frequency. There are only 7 main notes but there are 88 keys on the piano. This can be explained using the frequency and resonance in physics. 
    Rhythm in music can be separated using Mathematics. Composers use fraction theory to compose to add color in the songs. Sometimes rhythm fractions can be used in improvisation to make improvised songs different from the original.
    Learning science supports my music study. I have better understanding in some theories that are involve in science like physics and maths. I am happy to apply my knowledge not only in direct academic area but also in arts.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! the resonance theory sounds really interesting. I myself am an electrical engineer. We electrical engineer have a theory on resonance too! but we use resonance theory to produce the maximum electric-power to some component (this also applied to the fact that when you turn the sound to the right frequency and it can break the glass).

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.