Tuesday 9 June 2015

Mew's academic interests

My academic interests are philosophy. When I was in the university, I took American Philosophy course as an elective. The subject was about Epistemology, a philosophy about knowledge. In the class, the lecturer told us about the development of thoughts in Epistemology and asked if we were agreed with them or not.

There was my favorite question in the class, does 'A Priori' exists in our world? A Priori is the knowlege before experience, for example, gifted, or child prodigy. If you think A Priori exists, do you believe that Mozart's ability in music is gifted (by god, superstitions, or else), and irrelevant to his experience? Some philosopher think A Priori exists, while the others think it doesn't.

I love Philosophy because it makes me think systematically. When I study it, I can see how paradigms of each period of times develop. How people in the different ages think differently, and how philosophy can help us to answer predicament questions in our lives?

1 comment:

  1. It's an interesting class. I wish I could learn a philosophy class once in the future. I love the way analyzing other people thoughts and understand it, not judge it.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.