Tuesday 9 June 2015

Nan's academic interests

My background is in Biology. I love all aspects of living thing, especially in animal behavior.I love to observe animals and find out what are the reasons behind their action. Now, I am studying cognitive sciences in monkey. My research focuses on non-human primate tool use.

I am also interested in Japanese. I have started my Japanese course 6 months ago. Now I can greet and say simple sentences. Learning new languages in adult is not that easy, it is very challenging. Moreover, learning new languages teach you a diversity of culture. Words and grammar can represent culture and manner of that group of people. 

It might not seem coherent, but learning new language when studying cognitive science is interesting to me. It help me to understand the feeling of "I don't understand". It is very crucial to understand monkey.

2 comments:

  1. It's very interesting especially observing animals behavior. It might be exciting when we see something weird in the animals. For Japanese language, I used to want to learn but I heard from many people who studied Japanese that it is very difficult. Thus, I decided to study Chinese instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Japanese is quite easy at very first step, but advance Japanese is really hard.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.