Monday 5 May 2014

Ploy's Academic Interest

In my childhood, I had never had an exact academic interest. I had been feeling like I do not know what I actually want to study about. Because it seemed like I was interested in something intermittently, I changed my academic interest regularly. As time goes by, I started realizing that my every interests have something in common and that is English. There comes a point I can see clearly that my academic interest is English as I was fascinated by American movies, American series and American television programmes. I found myself watching a lot of movies with English subtitle since I want to improve my listening skill and then I watch them for the second time without subtitles. I did it all over and over but I have never got bored. It just completely interested me naturally. The next step was that I badly want to be able to communicate with foreigners. I had change the whole thing of my lifestyles which is English has to be a part of my everyday life.  Up to now, I have been desiring for improving all of my English skills. As I realize that there is no harm to learn more, I am happy to keep studying English and I would like to do so as much as I can. The ideal is to keep up with my English skills and further improve it.

1 comment:

  1. I like Ploy's idea about using subtitled films to practice a language. I don't know how effective it is, but I sometimes listen to films in Thai with the English subtitles turned on to see how the Thai translators deal with the English. I think it's good for learning the usual spoken version of a language. Sometimes my Thai friends visit and want to listen to the Thai soundtrack, which is a good opportunity for me to practise this.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.